Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
Mr_Meanor
AF Newbie

Cadillac V16!!!

I have heard some rumors about Cadillac coming out with a V16. I guess its basically 2 overhead-valve V8s tied together but it uses a single casting block. Rated at about 1000 hp. i have heard its being aimed and competitors like Rolls-Royce and Maybach. Anyone one know its theres any truth behind this?
Mr_Meanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:13 AM   #2
76_cobra
AF Enthusiast

It's really cool however I doubt that it will have 1000hp if they produce it, back in the 20's I believe that al capone had a bulletproof cadillac v16 it required constant attention. Check out the site for the new caddy

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2003@$Cadillac@$Sixteen%20Conceptg.html

Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
We all got it comin', kid.
76_cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
76_cobra
AF Enthusiast

just cut and paste the link into the browser.

Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
We all got it comin', kid.
76_cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
Hudson
Old Mod

At this point, the Cadillac Sixteen is just a concept car. There are rumors that a toned-down version of this car will be put into production at some point, but there has been no real confirmation.

The 13.6L/828cid V16 engine is based on the small-block V8 design but uses its own block. It is an OHV (2-valves per cylinder) design featuring Displacement on Demand (allowing cylinders to be cut-off for better fuel economy). The full engine weighs 685lbs, which is 84lbs less than GM's largest current production gas V8 (the Vortec 8100 truck engine).

According to Automotive News:

"The V-16 has been road tested in a Chevrolet Tahoe, modified by adding 12 inches to the front of the sport-utility."

Again, production has not been announced for the car (the Sixteen) or the engine.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #5
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

god i love that car that is awesome , drroooooling

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
BigJustinZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #6
pro_am
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pro_am Send a message via Yahoo to pro_am
Re: Cadillac V16!!!

that is a great idea, i hope it comes out, even though i'm sure that it will have far less than half the horse power, and if it does or does not have any high number of power, it will likely have the feature to shut of half or 3/4 of the cylinders to save gas. Sweet pics though
pro_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:09 AM   #7
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

If ever Cadillac wanted to step up and slay the Germans, they'd release the Sixteen at a price tag of about 95k (as opposed to the 200k price tag of the Maybach and the equally ludicrous price tag of the new Rolls which fails to emit the genteel aristocracy of a traditional British luxury car and instead comes across as crass and tacky).
Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, $95k would be a fantastic price. Might be a bit low, though, at least from an image perspective. I mean, there are MB S-class cars going for well over $100k.

Another example is Bentley's Continental GT. Some are criticizing it because it doesn't have a traditional Bentley price. It's much cheaper, and is actually kind of a bargain compared with previous models.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #9
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Well, the Sixteen would outsell Phantoms and Maybachs at Phantom/Maybach prices simply because it's such an awe-inspiring and actually classy car. It's styling is bold and unique instead of being (A) a cartoonish mish mash of vintage styling cues [Phantom] or simply looking like a swollen version of a less upmarket car [Maybach looks like a long S Class].

Whole reason, though, that I suggest Cadillac offer the car at a price that so far undercuts the Phantom and the Maybach is because Caddy is building up a great market standing as offering more quality car for the dollar in the luxury market than any other. The CTS is startling people, the SRX is actually good, the XLR is working on it, and the STS has people thrilled.

What better way to cap of the revival of the decade than to release the Sixteen as the benchmark for all uber-sedans?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that the Caddy can't undercut the Phantom and Maybach. It's a great idea.

I just think it shouldn't undercut them by so much. If it's too cheap, people might be wondering if something is wrong with the car. The car could be $120k and still undercut them. I'm not saying that should be the price, but the Phantom, Maybach, and Conti GT are so expensive that Caddy can afford to raise the price tag.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote