Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
Chucky_DS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Chucky_DS
Unhappy Rb26dett Ecu?

I was wondering and have a couple question about the R32 and R33 GTR ECU. How good is the ECU? b/c the supra ECU can handle about 600 hps with upgrading it and I just wander if it is as good as the Supra ECU that all? What range of horsepower should I start to change the ECU maganment? Can the ECU take control about 500-900 horsepower? I have a friends who came back from Japan, who's own a R32 GT4 w/ a RB20DET and he say he has to change the ECU inorder to handle 600+ horsepower. He running a after market ECU w/ Greddy T78 turbo and Greddy Intercooler. Plus man other stuff too. But he was base in Misawa Air Force Base. Oh yeah He has a Silver R32 GTS4 and a Black Silva S13 w/ TD06 20g turbo and apex intercooler.

Thanks

J.J. Lee
Chucky_DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:11 PM   #2
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
Hi, I don really know what u mean by changing the ECU. If u want big power, u cud retain the ECU but add a piggy ride aftermarket ECU like the HKS F Con etc to enable u to remap the original ECU. If u increase the boost for eg, the ECU must be remapped, otherwise ur car wud not hv enough fuel and it goes kabooooooom!
Old 12-28-2002, 02:47 PM   #3
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Quote:
Originally posted by R33
If u increase the boost for eg, the ECU must be remapped, otherwise ur car wud not hv enough fuel and it goes kabooooooom!
Very well put Sky
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Gonthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:47 AM   #4
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

You would be suprised just how effecient the factory ecu really is. By chipping the ecu using the same base maps as Nissan provided then as R33 said piggy backing the fuel controller along with any other that maybe need is one of the best ways. Not the easiest though.
You could opt for a system like the Motec but again tuning and pricing is not fun.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #5
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago
The thing with aftermarket ECU's is that they have a much more user friendly interface.

If you can ROM tune -then no real horsepower limit. Signals R33 was ROM Tuned and ran 9.1 @ 160 mph .

I like the Power FC . Plug and play - commander lets you alter stuff on the fly. Has boost control kit as an option...
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

As far as hp, the HKS R33 drag car which runs mid 7's and has over 1,300 hp (they wont release an official number) uses the factory ecu and piggy pack other various controllers to effectively run the car. On the fly tuning as Tyndago mentioned is still done without burning a new chip.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago
The ECU the HKS Drag car runs is an F-Con V Pro - which is kind of a piggyback - BUT - it can be used as a stand alone. Kind of

Most piggybacks use the standard ECU for inputs - alter the signals and send them out....

The F-Con S , the F-Con V takes the stock - fuel tables - and then adds and subtracts fuel. Same with ignition.

The F-Con V Pro - you can ignore the stock tables and just use your own values...

At least thats what I got from my knowledge of the F-Con stuff.

I have tuned cars with the F-Con S software when I was at MotoRex.

I dont like it much - as there are some other factors that play into the fueling equation that - at times - you dont want going into the equation... I would rather have something like a Power FC - where I can see most of the stuff easily...
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote