Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:26 AM   #46
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Amen to that eckoman_pdx. Also of note, unless your headlight housing is MADE from the factory for HID, then it isn't going to project the light from an HID kit correctly, thus causing blindingly bright light, an improperly aimmed light beam, and will attract more attention by cops, of where here in CA where I live, aftermarket HIDs are now illegal anyways, and is absolutely means for them to give you a nice fat ticket.

BTW, REAL OEM HID doesn't exist for US Hondas exception of the S2000 as that's the ONLY USDM Honda that ever came from the factory with HID. Most Acuras however have an HID option, but if you're getting an Acura, you'd be already getting that HID option, and not springing for a CHEAP immitation tue HID kit. Misleading a consumer won't gain anyone more sales.

Lastley, HID's are out of the budget of many people, and defeats the purpose of this thread. Preach on about HID's elsewhere, this is to inform people about the best HALOGEN bulb options out there, not HID.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:52 PM   #47
Buzz1167
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Buzz1167 Send a message via MSN to Buzz1167
Great website, its for cameras, but it tells alot about the theory of color temperature, and has some cool pictures and java applets.

http://www.olympusmicro.com/primer/p...mperature.html

Hth
1997 Honda Crv, Self made CAI, Vafc w/450cc's, Soon to have Boost. !Sleeper Alert!
Buzz1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #48
S.C
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to S.C
Re: aftermarket bulbs:color temperature and usable light output

Nice link, it explain it all. And teach u some photographic stuffs.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #49
glennbtw
AF Newbie

from what i have read, both the silverstars and the piaas are good headlights. i have a friend that can get me a set of piaa bulbs for around $50 or so, or i could buy the silverstars online for around $30. which ones are reccomended for the price that i can get them at?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 AM   #50
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbtw
from what i have read, both the silverstars and the piaas are good headlights. i have a friend that can get me a set of piaa bulbs for around $50 or so, or i could buy the silverstars online for around $30. which ones are reccomended for the price that i can get them at?
I prefer the PIAA's, though neither is a bad choice. Both SilverY2Kcivic and I run PIAA Super Plasma's (he runs the Super Plasma GT-X, I run the regular Super Plasmas). Before he ran the PIAA's he ran silverstars. I would perfer the PIAA's myself, and th Super Plasmas or Super Plasma GT-X would be my choice. Also, which PIAA's is it he says he can get you for around $50 a set? If thats the price for a set of Super Plasmas, jump on it.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:50 AM   #51
locusto03
AF Newbie

Pics

Hmmm...

I currently run Silverstar low beams (9006) and have been considering getting some PIAA's... either the Xtreme White Plus or the Super Plasmas (maybe GT-X).
The color of the light doesn't really matter to me much... just the brightness.
I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations as to whether or not I should get some PIAA's or just stick w/ my Silverstars.

Also, I am finding it quite difficult to find any pictures of some PIAA's lighting up the road.
Would it be possible for anybody to post some pix of the light of the Silverstars on the road, in addition to some PIAA's?
This would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure many others would appreciate this also.
Thanks in advance.
locusto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:20 AM   #52
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusto03
Hmmm...

I currently run Silverstar low beams (9006) and have been considering getting some PIAA's... either the Xtreme White Plus or the Super Plasmas (maybe GT-X).
The color of the light doesn't really matter to me much... just the brightness.
I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations as to whether or not I should get some PIAA's or just stick w/ my Silverstars.

Also, I am finding it quite difficult to find any pictures of some PIAA's lighting up the road.
Would it be possible for anybody to post some pix of the light of the Silverstars on the road, in addition to some PIAA's?
This would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure many others would appreciate this also.
Thanks in advance.
So you don't care about color output, correct? You don't care how they look, you just want to see better? Although you'l may see a little better with certain PIAA's, I don't know if it's worth the extra $$ to you since you already have silverstars (both are far better than stock). If you were looking for a pair and hadn't bought any yet, I'd say look into PIAA. I myself would spend the money and get PIAA's (Super Plasmas), but thats me. Now I could be wrong, but I believe the Super Plasma in a 9006 and 9005 is more spendy than in some other bulb types ($115 or so vs $70 for H3, H1, H4 (9007), etc), so if moneys an issue Extreme White PIAA's or Silverstars might be more up your alley. You might want to look into all this.

SilverY2KCivic runs PIAA Super Plasma GT-X's now, but he run Slverstars before that (I think he keeps em in the glove box now as spares)b. I am pretty sure he prefers PIAA, as do I. Silverstars, though, are a good light if you arn't going with PIAA. I have tried to get a good picture in the past of my PIAA's, and what they'll light up at night (They do light up A LOT). However, my camera flash always seems to mess this up. Maybe I'll try a digital camera and see if thats better.

Also, hit up SilverY2KCivic, he might have a picture or 2, hit him up with a PM and ask.

Sorry I don't have a good pic to post up right now.

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 10-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #53
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Yup, I have a pic of them I'll try to remember to post up in here, I had thought I had posted a pic a couple pages back in here though... But anyways, I sold the SilverStars i was keeping to a friend of mine, I'm just solo with the PIAA GT-X's.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 10-09-2004, 10:22 PM   #54
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Yup, I have a pic of them I'll try to remember to post up in here, I had thought I had posted a pic a couple pages back in here though... But anyways, I sold the SilverStars i was keeping to a friend of mine, I'm just solo with the PIAA GT-X's.
You can't beat those PIAA Super Plasmas. Best bulb out their IMO, thats all I roll also, lol. I've been know to keep a spare set @ home sometimes just in case.

I also thought you posted a pic a few pages back...so I looked and found one. I don't know if this is the only pic you have or if you have more, but I'll re-post it. I will try to take a pic of my headlights with a digi cam tonight. This is a pic of the PIA Super Plasma GT-X's inside a CTR housing on SilverY2KCivic's Civic. The corner bulbs are Silverstar Signal bulbs.

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 10-12-2004, 12:57 AM   #55
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhce112
Anybody want to just buy real HIDs in a group buy? $295 with free shipping and handling and insurance with your choice of Kelvin temperature, bulb size, and one year warranty. The guy is an eBay Power Seller, Paypal protection of $500.

Email me if you are interested. jhce112@yahoo.com
AIM: jhce112

He did a Mustang group buy about two months ago with great success. They are coming back for the fogs now.
Okay, DO NOT ADVIRTISE IN THIS THREAD!!! PERIOD!!!

I ran a check ON ALL OF THE POSTS YOU HAVE MADE!!!

ALL OF THEM HAVE TO DO WITH THIS "GROUP BUY ON HIDS."

YOU ARE USING AF ONY TO SPAM AND ADVERTISE
You are using AF for advertising, which is against forum polciy. Furthermore, you are doing this in a SPAMMING MANNER. You have gone into every recent relevant thread you can find and posted VIRTUALLY THE SAME THING IN EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!

This type of spamming and advertising is generally not tolerated well here at AF, and is not appericated in this thread. THIS THREAD IS MENT TO INFORM, NOT ADVERTISE.

This thread IS NOT about HIDS!!!! In some states, LIKE CALI, IT IS ILLEGEL TO INSTALL HIDS INTO A HEADLIGHT HOUSING WHERE HIDS DID NOT COME OEM.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WHO READ THIS THREAD DO NOT JUST "BUY REAL HIDS."

The purpose of this thread is to help people understand the relationship between color temp, lumens, wattage, output, and how each affects everything. How it effects light output, the car, etc. It's ment to help people make informed descions about HALOGEN BULBS. This thread is for people who DO NOT WANT HIDS, CAN NOT LEGELLY HAVE HIDS, OR FOR WHATEVER OTHER REASON, PEOPLE INTRESTED IN UPGRADING THEIR HALOGEN BULBS.

The purpose of this thread is to inform people about the best HALOGEN bulb options out there, not about HIDS.

DO NOT ADVERTISE LIKE THIS IN THIS THREAD!!

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 10-17-2004, 03:24 AM   #56
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Here's the other pic I have that I was meaning to post that kinda shows also how the GT-X bulbs look and light up at night, this is reflecting off some lame So. Cali snow, haha!

You can see the hint of purple in the outline of the beam pattern. Cool stuff! And good looking out Eckoman on finding that other pic, I know it was kicking around somewhere here on AF, lol!

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 10-17-2004, 04:41 AM   #57
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Here's the other pic I have that I was meaning to post that kinda shows also how the GT-X bulbs look and light up at night, this is reflecting off some lame So. Cali snow, haha!

You can see the hint of purple in the outline of the beam pattern. Cool stuff! And good looking out Eckoman on finding that other pic, I know it was kicking around somewhere here on AF, lol!
No problem. I figured it was there somewhere, I remembered it too, so I looked a little. I took a decent picture of some H3 Super Plasma's in projectors with a digital camera I borrowed, but I forgot to borrow the cd with the program and driver to hook it up and load it to the pc...so it'll be awhile before I can post them. Not the greatest pics, but they work, lol. I'll also see if I can take a picture of them again a white or light colored wall or garged, etc...to show the beam pattern colors and the purple hint a bit.

Nice finding tht other pic...one question, when the heck did it snow in LA??? LOL....weird stuff....

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 10-17-2004, 08:32 PM   #58
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

haha, this pic was part of the results of aimless late night driving around for a few hours one cold LA winter night. Actually we went up there just for a drive after a good rainfall and stumbled upon the "snow" shich was really all packed tight and frozen solid by the time of the picture. It was taken at the base of Mt Baldy sky resort where the road ends at about the 6800 foot level. A nice climb for about 15 miles!

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 10-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #59
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
haha, this pic was part of the results of aimless late night driving around for a few hours one cold LA winter night. Actually we went up there just for a drive after a good rainfall and stumbled upon the "snow" shich was really all packed tight and frozen solid by the time of the picture. It was taken at the base of Mt Baldy sky resort where the road ends at about the 6800 foot level. A nice climb for about 15 miles!
Ohh, 6800 feet up @ the base of a mountian. Yes, that would explain snow near the LA area, lol..

See, it was worth the aimless drive after all, it proved that it CAN snow in SoCal, hahaha

EPR Member 4 Life
Old 10-18-2004, 05:20 PM   #60
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Here's the pic I was talkin about, a pic I took of the Super Plasma H3's in projectors..not the greatest pic but it works, lol...shows the light.

EPR Member 4 Life

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting