Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
skeeterman
AF Newbie

Technical Service Bulletins.. Recalls and Issues

This may already have been posted by others, if not, here is something I found in 2005... National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.. (www.nhtsa.dot.gov) Type in this web site (just to the left here) in your browser, and when NHTSA site appears, in the "search NHTSA window" at far left side, type in Vehicle and Equipment Information, and scroll down to..Safety Problems & Issues.. There you will be able to enter your vehicle, model, year. etc.. for all you can find on your Tahoe, Truck, or Auto.

There are categories for Complaints, Defects, and others.
skeeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: Technical Service Bulletins.. Recalls and Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman
This may already have been posted by others, if not, here is something I found in 2005... National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.. (www.nhtsa.dot.gov) Type in this web site (just to the left here) in your browser, and when NHTSA site appears, in the "search NHTSA window" at far left side, type in Vehicle and Equipment Information, and scroll down to..Safety Problems & Issues.. There you will be able to enter your vehicle, model, year. etc.. for all you can find on your Tahoe, Truck, or Auto.

There are categories for Complaints, Defects, and others.
I know you mean well by posting that site But.

Regarding the NHTSA site let most of the stuff on there go in one ear and out the other.
For safety recalls and TSB contact your dealer for the real ones.
The NHTSA is a government funded organization that has got carried away with thinking they are mechanics.
They make up there own tsb’s that has nothing to do with highway safely and are far from the factory tsb’s.
And are to eager to fund their kitty fund by charging you for information that you tax dollars are paying for.
Just ask for details on anything and you will see.

They also cater too old maid whirl wind complaints and make stuff off of any old maid complaint that calls in a whirl wind fart.
MT
Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
skeeterman
AF Newbie

MT-2500, you may have your beef with "that government funded" site, as you state. But, remember one thing, if it wasn't for the NHTSA, no automobile maker would ever call, send, or let one of their automobile owners know of such a "recall, defect, or any other" matters that involves the safety of people driving their automobiles. NHTSA was the forerunner in getting these safety problems fixed for the owners... GM, Ford, and Chrysler has "never" cared for what happens to people lives who drive their vehicles.
My first car (pickup) a 1937 Ford was a pretty good vehicle, only thing wrong with it... if the motor fell out, or a rod went through the block, you didn't have a complaint to deal with the seller (so called dealer) on getting it replaced/fixed.

I'm 78 yrs. old and in my 61 years of driving a automobile I have own 39 American made cars/trucks ( and one SUV) for many in the early years they were junk to drive, and the dealer had no honesty to fix/replace any defects, problems... His motto.. you buy'em, you fix'em...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman
MT-2500, you may have your beef with "that government funded" site, as you state. But, remember one thing, if it wasn't for the NHTSA, no automobile maker would ever call, send, or let one of their automobile owners know of such a "recall, defect, or any other" matters that involves the safety of people driving their automobiles. NHTSA was the forerunner in getting these safety problems fixed for the owners... GM, Ford, and Chrysler has "never" cared for what happens to people lives who drive their vehicles.
My first car (pickup) a 1937 Ford was a pretty good vehicle, only thing wrong with it... if the motor fell out, or a rod went through the block, you didn't have a complaint to deal with the seller (so called dealer) on getting it replaced/fixed.

I'm 78 yrs. old and in my 61 years of driving a automobile I have own 39 American made cars/trucks ( and one SUV) for many in the early years they were junk to drive, and the dealer had no honesty to fix/replace any defects, problems... His motto.. you buy'em, you fix'em...

If they are a NHTSA I am all for them. And more power to them.
But TSB,s and Old maid whims are not saftey issues.

They should draw the line and stick with the saftey problems and recalls.
And leave the basic mechinical problems to the mechanics.
The tax payers pay them to do there job. which is highway saftey.
But they want pocket money for there private kittie from you to give you information on a problem.
Just ask for details on one of there TSB's or recalls.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
skeeterman
AF Newbie

With the many automobiles I have own, I can only remember about three letters (recall) the manufacturers have sent. I have many times went to the dealer to cure a problem, only to hear the service manager tell me they don't have any TSB's about the problem. Later to find out there was a TSB, and it was to be repaired at "no cost" to the owner. Speaking of such... my 1996 Tahoe had three recalls... Did I ever get a letter from GM? No!... I had to complain, push, shove to get results.. I purchase the '96 Tahoe in early 1996, and within 8,000 miles, the engine had a piston slap.. After going to three dealers, I got a new engine replaced... Here, over 11 years later, with 127,000 miles the Tahoe has been free of any problems.. It still have the original "fuel pump".. I'd better "knock on wood", as something must be wrong with it. Or I better be quiet, as Chevrolet may want to come and get it, and give it a grand look-over to find the reason for 127,000 miles on a original fuel pump.

Last edited by skeeterman; 08-21-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
maxwedge
A990 racer

Exclamation Re: Technical Service Bulletins.. Recalls and Issues

Best bet for " real" TSB's is at Alldata.com. Put your car in there and look at how many then compare them to NHTSA, you will see what MT2500 is pointing out. 2cnd, a dealer is required by statute to make available on request any TSB thet pertains to your car/truck. This does not mean and never did, that the repairs are free. Yes there are some special policy bulletins that may be a free repair, they are kind of held in reserve for dealers to use at their discretion, that I don't like.

Last edited by maxwedge; 08-22-2007 at 03:19 PM.
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
skeeterman
AF Newbie

Gosh!.. I'm not hungry yet... Referring to MT-2500 on NHTSA wanting money for any TSB they have, it looks to me... "all(diddy)data.com" wants some fees for their TSB(s) also. Looks like they all have their "collection plate" in hand, asking, if you want to know what wrong with the automobile.. Pay me first... Hell bells and panther piss!, if I know the TSB, I just call up the dealer and get all the facts..
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Free?
You do not get much for free nowdays.
Ever check on how much of your tax dollar go to NHTSA?

A tsb is a you pay and a recall is they pay plain and simple wheather a saftey recall or regular recall.

A tsb does not fix you car is not always a fix for you car and is not or is a free fix.
The information is free at the dealer but.
It is only information to inform a mechanic of certain problems that has been found.

MT
Old 08-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
777stickman
AF Enthusiast

MT & MAX: You guys have made your point. Let it go and let this guy believe what he wants. There are others out there that need your input to their problems................Steve
1999 K2500 Old Body Style Suburban (Gone but not forgotten)
05 Dodge Ram 3500/5.9 Cummins
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
777stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
maxwedge
A990 racer

Correct, I was done long ago!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #11
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Very good advice Stickman.
I am out of here.
MT

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe