Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 2nd Gen 00-05
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
icon_xof
AF Newbie

Re: '04 Neon died and won't start, everyone stumped, please help!

I'll definitely take a look at the HO2 sensor then. I did a tune up on it today and found the #2 spark plug was loose. I'm wondering if it got jostled when it died on me and the comp detected it and threw that fuse? Ran the OBD II again today just to be sure and it's still not pulling any codes. I'll check out that sensor though and let you know. Thanks again for the replies =]
icon_xof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
icon_xof
AF Newbie

Re: '04 Neon died and won't start, everyone stumped, please help!

I found it. According to the diagrams in my Haynes manual, the only things directly wired to the ASD besides the fuse are the PCM and the Alternator. The ASD interacts with everything else via the PCM. So I started at the Alternator and traced the wires up to the PCM and I found where the short was. The loom with the alternator wire in it had been pinched against the front of the tranny when the previous owner wrecked it. The shop that fixed it must have missed it. So I opened the loom, then spliced, soldered, and taped the damaged wires, and now it's all good =] Thanks anyway.
icon_xof is offline   Reply With Quote