Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Specialty 'Stangs Are you a Saleen, Shelby, or Rousch enthusiast? If so, this is your forum.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #31
6speed
AF Regular

Re: ford mustang,what a waste

do all you really care about is how a car handles or are you just sticking with the only thing in which you know your car would have a clear advantage. cars are purpose built, each one may specialize in a certain area. and no, i didnt miss what you were alluding to, you said god forbid someone say something about ford or saleen, i would defend a bmw in the same right if i thought someone was being a complete jackass.

theres a reason why people say all bmw drivers are pricks. it seems once you own one you turn into one. before you had your precious new car i never read you just outright bash mustangs left and right in every post. my brother had a 95 m3 and my friend has had a 97 and 99 m3 ive driven them or ridden in them all. they aren't that great that you can go around talking like you own a piece of history or anything.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #32
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

I am not totally against Ford I love some of what they have over seas. I just can't stand their "We will tease you with concepts and give you water downed production and say it’s the best we could do." approach they have here while Australia and Europe get better cars. FPV is just so much better than anything we have gotten from Ford or SVT over here. Then there is the Euro Focus and its C1 platform with the 2.5 L turbocharged I5 while we are stuck with the old C170 platform and 2.3 L Duratec.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #33
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed
do all you really care about is how a car handles or are you just sticking with the only thing in which you know your car would have a clear advantage. cars are purpose built, each one may specialize in a certain area.
I care about its all around performance. If it only has power and can't handle I don't want it same as if it only had handling and no power. The M3 is a much better balance of the two than any Mustang as of late. Any way if all you want is power I don't remember ever hearing about a mod motor Mustang that was making 1000+hp out of the stock block and was still street leagal.

Quote:
and no, i didnt miss what you were alluding to, you said god forbid someone say something about ford or saleen, i would defend a bmw in the same right if i thought someone was being a complete jackass.
Your still missing what I was alluding to. Take a look at what I quoted you saying.

Quote:
theres a reason why people say all bmw drivers are pricks. it seems once you own one you turn into one. before you had your precious new car i never read you just outright bash mustangs left and right in every post.
I have always had a strong opposition to what they were doing with the Mustang, the Cobra in particular, since they got away from what was the best handling and balanced car they had built and went to a pig iron block where weight went up and handing dropped.

Quote:
my brother had a 95 m3 and my friend has had a 97 and 99 m3 ive driven them or ridden in them all. they aren't that great that you can go around talking like you own a piece of history or anything.
Piece of history? The E36 M3 US version not likely. But for the money it is still one of the best buys out there.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #34
6speed
AF Regular

so the m3 has a better balance of handling and power in stock trim that a mustang gt...wonderful. as long as you can sleep better at night saying that. does it really matter enough to back up someone who would go around to other forums with the only intention of picking a fight with someone for the car they own? either way no one should be talking about a mustangs imperfections as if a bmw is perfect in every way. how many of your m3 buddies have missed 4th gear and hit 2nd instead causing the engine to overrev and costing you a new cylinder head because the bmw trannys tilt under acceleration? sounds like an engineering flaw to me; i think thats why UUC makes TME kits to counteract some of that tilt, am i correct? i dont know of a mustang having problems like this, yet theyre still complete piles of junk according to these posts. in some of these posts it makes it sound like theyre held together by glue, the interior was designed by a 3yr old, the engine may as well be a 4cyl because its double vanos > god > other engines > mustang engine, and the car is just ugly in general. it sounds to me like you are basically set on a car that handles well and has some power to push it out of the turns, so im glad you found your track car. you and moreso bmwlicksbutt can leave everyone else alone however if your opinion is solely to bash them for their choice in what car THEY drive and paid for with THEIR own money
Old 12-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #35
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

How many 03 Cobra owners do you know that had to have their engines replaced due to casting sand left in the heads? I know of several just here where I live. Every car has its flaws, no car is perfect. I have never had a problem with 4th gear neither have any of my friends. The only transmission in any of the cars I have own that have had problems is the 3650 in the Mustangs that I owned. Look at the ergonomics in the Mustang the seat are almost as bad as milk crates covered in a plastic tarp. There is way too much plastic in the interiors and the gage pod is all messed up. The old SN95s had better interior than the S197s. So yea you are right it might as well have been designed by a 3yr old. I haven’t been in one yet that didn’t rattle. The Mod motor is a waist its been around for over 10years in the Mustang alone and only seen very minimal advancements. That’s one of the bad things about Ford here in the US and that’s that they don’t take the time to refine what they have, they just set it aside and let it collect dust.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #36
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01L2Cobra
How many 03 Cobra owners do you know that had to have their engines replaced due to casting sand left in the heads? I know of several just here where I live. Every car has its flaws, no car is perfect. I have never had a problem with 4th gear neither have any of my friends. The only transmission in any of the cars I have own that have had problems is the 3650 in the Mustangs that I owned. Look at the ergonomics in the Mustang the seat are almost as bad as milk crates covered in a plastic tarp. There is way too much plastic in the interiors and the gage pod is all messed up. The old SN95s had better interior than the S197s. So yea you are right it might as well have been designed by a 3yr old. I haven’t been in one yet that didn’t rattle. The Mod motor is a waist its been around for over 10years in the Mustang alone and only seen very minimal advancements. That’s one of the bad things about Ford here in the US and that’s that they don’t take the time to refine what they have, they just set it aside and let it collect dust.
thats just rediculous. the mod motor is old, but it is far from a waste. sure, they could make a more advanced engine, and id like to see them do it. but the mod motor is bullet proof. they will last over 300k miles easily. hp/liter is not that important, infact its quite useless. there are other things that matter. id like to see a new v8 that has variable valve timing and other things but the mod is not a waste. and it can take over 1000hp on a stock block quite easily, and probably could be street legal too. but at that point who cares about being street legal? ive seen a 800hp mid 90's mod motor that was not only street legal but was quite tame in everyday traffic. about the seats, i happen to think they are quite comfortable. more comfortable then every other car ive sat in anyway. with the exception of a caddy.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #37
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwkicksbutt
firstly i know many people with mustang gts,2005 and 2006 ,highly over rated,poor quality,but thats ford,they have driven my bmw m3,and my wifes pontiac gtp,they were pretty pissed about lack of quality,fit,and the vehicle in general,i have to hand it to ford,they sure do know how to screw up a car,watch i bet next year they will bring the edsel back and put a cobra in it,sell it for 30k and people will druel over it,get real get a real car,but not a ford.please...give me a break
Over rated? Poor quality". This coming from a guy with a M3....

BMWKICKSBUTT:

OVER RATED?

If its so over rated, why do so many people drive them and will drive nothing else? Why does mustangs have such a big following? Why is the aftermarket capabilities too much to even explain? Answer: Because they are damn good cars. I say your BMW is over rated. Ive been in them, you want to talk about something that cant get out of its own way, c'mon get for real. Those things fall apart even when old ladies drive them, and eventually run like shit just like every other car. The difference here is, with a mustang once it does start to age, thats the best time of its life cause you get to start adding power mods. Plus power mods are cheap and VERY effective for mustangs.

POOR QUALITY...really...Compared to what?

The lady i rented my last house from had a BMW. It had many problems and she payed so much for it she didnt want to sell it. I loved it cause as i did repairs on it i got money taken off my rent plus money. That car was a POS one problem after another. And every problem it had cost out the butt to repair, so dont come on the forum and talk shit about over rated or poor quality. Ive seen both of these things come from BMW, but with a much higher price tag. AND more costly routine work later. Plus with a BMW you have to "order and wait" for parts, unlike the Mustangs. I swear you could go to AZ or Oreillys and build a mustang right in the store, on demand.

FORD > BMW.

Oh yeah BTW..

What the hell is the matter with you bmwkicksbutt? You and your BMW wouldnt stand a chance against most of these guys Mustangs. You think they are new to this or what? Take your little BMW to the track and post up some time slips, fan boy. See how it holds up after a season or two of REAL racing and not this weak online shit talking routine. Once you break into the 10's come back here and talk some crap then, cause right now you just seem sort of like a clown.

Sorry mustang owners.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #38
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_chevyz

Sorry mustang owners.
we dont mind
Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #39
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStang00
we dont mind
Wasnt sure...

Mustangs are good cars. Ford makes good cars. I hear all the time how i must not be a "real" chevy guy cause i also like certain models of ford. Send those complaints over to this guy

I used to have the same attitude about it, but now that ive had a ford of my own and have a few fords in the family, ive grown to like them. My firebird is still my favorite, but i want a mustang too.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #40
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

yeah i think its really ignorant to be like that guy is about cars. i used to be like that also, but i think its just better now to like cars because they are good. not because of their brand so much. but im still a ford guy at heart definatly.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #41
85 22rYota
AF Newbie

this is funny any ways look at the mustang you cant talk bad about cause it has never went out of production since it came out in 1964 1/2 am i right
Old 01-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #42
Deuce Is Wild
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwkicksbutt
firstly i know many people with mustang gts,2005 and 2006 ,highly over rated,poor quality,but thats ford,they have driven my bmw m3,and my wifes pontiac gtp,they were pretty pissed about lack of quality,fit,and the vehicle in general,i have to hand it to ford,they sure do know how to screw up a car,watch i bet next year they will bring the edsel back and put a cobra in it,sell it for 30k and people will druel over it,get real get a real car,but not a ford.please...give me a break
Yeah, and a Pontiac is so much better. I've had more problems in GM cars than I've had in any Ford I've owned. Funny thing is, I own three fords, two of which I've owned for about six years. One is turning 17 years old very shortly (5.0 Mustang). One I've done stupid crap with like jump railroad tracks (not at a crossing, ones that are 4'' high) and offroaded. I busted a CV joint, big deal.

BMW's are alright. I could get one if I wanted, but they bore me. Especially their interiors. If you have nothing nice to say, don't post, it's as simple as that. Why come into the Mustang thread and share your opinions? Do you want to start a fight? You must be really bored my friend.
'78 Jeep CJ-5 - 401 C.I.D. O||||O
'01 Yamaha YZF600R - Full D&D carbon fiber exhaust, Cam, Factory pro shift kit, front sprocket and miscellaneous other goodies.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #43
2crunk
AF Regular

My car isnt the cream of the crop by any means, but i'll take bmwlicksbutt to the track AND turn around and hand him his ass at the strip. A car doesnt need fancy electronics or a high tech suspension to win a race......more importantly it needs a driver. You drive to cheyenne and come see me, i can PM you a place and time to meet. $100, $500, $5000 i dont care, put your money where your mouth is or shut up! FANBOY

Rest In Peace Hypsi87, you'll be missed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs