Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Introductions Welcome to AutomotiveForums.com. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better.
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 02:31 AM   #1
2tru
AF Newbie

Wink Hello ...

Hello,

I really don't know anything about fixing cars, but I'm willing to learn...

My last bout with a wrench took me under the hood of our Jeep to replace the alternator. Usually, I'm quite happy to let my husband handle such things, but he has even less patience than I do, and the serpentine belt was taking too long and didn't seem to want to move in the appropriate direction. So, I took a look at the schematic and just "...made it look like the picture..." I thought changing the rear brakes on my van was far more difficult, since it seemed to require more hands than the mere two that God saw fit to equip me with...

So, my only contribution will probably be to pass on some helpful advise that I've gotten from someone else. For me, I'm looking for any tips on battling the seemlessly endless supply of ailments that plague my 1998 Ford Windstar...

by the way...
...DON'T EVER BUY A FORD WINDSTAR, IN FACT, DON'T EVEN TAKE ONE IF IT'S GIVEN TO YOU FOR FREE. YOU WILL PROBABLY END UP PAYING MORE FOR THE REPAIRS THAN YOU WOULD IF YOU PURCHASED A VEHICLE YOURSELF!

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Introductions