Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #1
kfwilliams
AF Newbie

2001 chevy suburban 2500 4x4 8.1 rear rotor/drum

Hello guy's and gals
I need some help if you don't mind. I have a 2001 chevy suburban 2500 LT 8.1 liter 8 lug 3/4 ton suburban. i am doing brake job and i get the front done no problem but get the back of the truck and take wheels off and calipers off and find my rotors eaten one side off down to fins in the middle of the disk., pull rotor off but it is not the same as what i ordered on line in a 4 pack for my truck. When i pull the rotor off i find another set of brake shoes. Never seen this before. The emergency brake has its own brake shoes that sit inside the rotor that is like a drum piece with the rotor dis as well all in one. I can not find the new rotor/drum all in one anywhere. I don't even know the correct name to it. With that being said, i spent 2 days looking on line and finally found a spot that talks about chevy trucks made from 2001 -2007 that are considered as a HD vehicle.. What i need to know is where to find both back rotor/drum parts for my truck. I found a couple places with videos on doing the repair but know where says to go to get the parts. If you can give me any information to wear to find both the rear rotor/drums would be amazing. Have had my car torn apart for 4 days now trying to find the parts and get anywhere to purchase them. Please if anyone can tell me the info where to get them and the name they are under would be greatly appreciated. Have been getting rides to work for my wife and i and kids to day care by bumming rides or walking everywhere. While pulling out my hair, trying to get my truck back on the road.
Thanks again for your time and help. Waiting patiently for your responce and your help... The wife is not very happy with me not having it together yet. A happy wife is a happy life. Please help me ...
Thanks
Kevin Williams
kfwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 2001 chevy suburban 2500 4x4 8.1 rear rotor/drum

This is not uncommon. Almost any RWD from GM with rear disks made after the 1990s has a drum park brake. I have several examples, including B-body Impalas, S-10 trucks, and Envoy. The replacement rotors I've used all had the drum machined in the rotor hub.

The rotor OEM part number is likely 19241878 or 88875212.

The harder part is finding the one-piece park brake shoe since not many places seem to stock them. As an example, AutoZone 55057 is shown as a replacement rotor, and they list the shoe as #781.

The brake shoe part numbers are probably AC-DELCO 17771B, 14771B, or 88997309.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban