Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 03:02 AM   #1
stanghuntr97
AF Newbie

What's up with the JetChip ECU upgrade?

Has anyone tried the jet chip ECU upgrade for the Maxima? I've never read of anyone writing about it? Does it suck? If it does, what's a good recommendation for my 97 SE? Let me know something???

97SE 5 Speed, Stillen intake, Focuz Muffler

Planning to get: ECU upgrade, UPRD underdrive pulley, Short Shifter, Y pipe, 2001 Maxima Muffler, Lowering Springs and struts, clear bumper lenses

Quote:
I'm coming to get ya!!!!
stanghuntr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 02:27 PM   #2
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Stay away from the Jet ECU upgrade. I have no personal experience, but from other post, people have been very disattisfied, and had problems with there Max after installing the Jet product. The only choice you really have right now is the Gforce ECU upgrade, which while not made for a 97, will work fine, it's just a swap. Hope this helps.
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:22 AM   #3
stanghuntr97
AF Newbie

Thanx! That definitely helps. I had considered them (prolly for the price $399.00) but I guess you'd get what you pay for. I'll look into the G-Force Upgrade.

97SE 5 Speed, Stillen intake, Focuz Muffler

Planning to get: ECU upgrade, UPRD underdrive pulley, Short Shifter, Y pipe, 2001 Maxima Muffler, Lowering Springs and struts, clear bumper lenses

Quote:
I'm coming to get ya!!!
stanghuntr97 is offline   Reply With Quote