Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 09:28 PM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Unhappy

its ashame that this will be the last yr for the lude i wonder what will take its place does anyone know ? What kind of mods have you done to your lude ?
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NissanZ@af
It's really the last year for it? I didn't know about that. That really sucks though. My friend has a badass 2000 prelude.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:08 PM   #3
Seb928S@af
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Seb928S@af Send a message via AIM to Seb928S@af
To bad I really like ricing the rice out ones. They get pretty fun beating them over and over.
Seb928S@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 08:14 PM   #4
justin@af
Old Mod

Send a message via AIM to justin@af
I'm installing my AEM intake and soon getting an exhaust...Supposedly the new accord will take over the prelude...its supposed to merge the prelude and accord together...but then again peeps are saying that the RSX took over the integra and prelude too.
Old 03-15-2001, 08:25 PM   #5
VTECelude
AF Regular

i saw a pic of the new rs-x, i kinda like that way it looks. the interior looks real modern and it seems pretty powerful for stock.
VTECelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 11:20 AM   #6
GOD
Banned

i wished they would have done one thing ....put a more powerful engine in the lude ... or drop some of the weight off . I think it weighs in at about 3000 lbs , if they did either one of these i think i might have gotten the lude . But it still is an awesome car i just love the styleing of it ,nothing will ever change that

Seb928s - You will never beat a honda ..with your little porsche its too ..... S L O W
Old 03-17-2001, 02:55 PM   #7
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
The RSX is supposed to replace the Prelude and Integra. I guess it is a sensible move for Honda to uinify two names to save costs, since Honda's domination of this market segment makes it logical that continuing production of both cars will only cost them money. Of course, we the people are not happy about this move, but what say do we have? However, the next Accord Coupe is rumored to have a sportier.. "attitude" (for lack of a better word) for a new altenative for the soon to be gone Prelude.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 02:20 PM   #8
LakeMountLude
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to LakeMountLude Send a message via AIM to LakeMountLude
im still pissed that this will be the last year of the ludes.. i can see why tho.. they charge way too much for them! i mean love them to death but they do...
LakeMountLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:06 PM   #9
GOD
Banned

the ludes are sweet ...and so are the tegs ...i think that other car companys are going to start taking over the import scene now that Honda has gotten rid of the Si,ITR, lude . I just wished they turbo charged those babys out of the factory but they didnt Now with the Wrx coming in to the us ...it looks like its going to be a long ruff ride for honda. Also the mitsubishi lancer evo ....is suppose to come over in 2003 and if its like the present one then it will be 250hp all wheel drive turbo charged . Honda/Acura better start doing something
Old 03-27-2001, 05:48 PM   #10
LakeMountLude
AF Regular

yes i know!! honda always pleaded their "purity" of non turbocharging but it hurt us !! grr i wish they would of turbo'd at least one of the freakin things.... soo what is about this new mitsubishi????!!! anyone have pics or specs or anything i have never heard about it
Old 03-27-2001, 06:50 PM   #11
JD@af
Missing in action

Arrow Right on

I hear that argument. While on the one hand I have a lot of respoect for certain companies, like Honda and BMW, who do not use forced induction to make power, but rather find alternate paths to making horsepower. These efforts are commendable, and I think puts them at the forefront of automotive technology.. yet while they are working on their new technologies, competitors are using tried and true methods, allowing them to kick asses off the showroom floor!! And that counts for more in most people's books than a car's ability to be fast with $5K to $10K allotted to aftermarket parts and upgrades.

It's a little like the old tortoise versus the hare race: sure, we may win in the long run, but it sucks to get beat until we actually get where we're supposed to be.
Old 03-27-2001, 06:52 PM   #12
VTECelude
AF Regular

i wish mah lude came with leather seats. maybe i will put the seats from the new rs-x in my lude.
VTECelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 05:29 PM   #13
LakeMountLude
AF Regular

yeah i want either leather or since i am in FL maybe vinyl... the rsx interior is an offshoot of a mixture between the eclipse and the celica if you look close.. i woulndt mind having the type r vtec-i motor tho
-Phantom Grip Limited Slip Differential
-Apex'i VAFC
-ViS Racing Xtreme Front End
-ViS Racing Xtreme Sideskirts
-Vis Racing Kombat Rear Bumper
-Altezza Style Tailights
-18" Konig Monsoons
-Nitto NT-450's
-4 Kenwood 180 Watt (M&H's)
Future Mods
-Turbo
One hotttt lude!!!
-=duSTin=-

Old 04-25-2001, 10:15 PM   #14
GOD
Banned

nice replacement ...... wouldnt u say so ?
Old 04-26-2001, 01:24 AM   #15
JD@af
Missing in action

Cool Leather seats...

If you wanted AWESOME leather seats in your car, I'd definitely look into getting a set of seats from a Saab 9-3 Viggen. I've sat in these two years in a row at the NY Auto Show, just to remind myself of what comfortable and excellently supportive sport seats should feel like. I myself may do this someday.. just right now it's an expense I can't afford to take on.

As for putting an i-VTEC engine into your Prelude, it will take some work. The new i-VTEC engines, unlike most Honda four cylinder engines, are mounted with the intake manifolds at the front of the engine bay and the exhaust at the rear, and employ clockwise crankshaft rotation. It will take more than an engine and tranny swap to fit one of these babies into your ride.