Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 05:57 PM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Question

So, once you said that you were pre-med. What's your major, what field do you plan on entering...all that good stuff.

I'm currently at the U of Oregon honor's college, double majoring in Chemistry and Biology, but I might just do Biochemistry to save my sanity come my junior and senior years. I plan on going into cardiology, probably surgery, but I've also thought of radiology.
Old 02-23-2001, 12:16 AM   #2
justin@af
Old Mod

Send a message via AIM to justin@af
Are you Serious??

I'm majoring in Biochemistry right now and am also looking at going into Radiology or Cardiology...What a coincidence...However i'm pulling more towards Radiology. I am currently shadowing a doctor here at the Shands Hospital and radiology is really awesome. They get involved with all the procedures and get to give input in almost everything...Yesterday i got to watch a renal angio which turned out to be diagnosed wrong by a resident. The doctor i'm shadowing pointed it out and found that there was some abnormality with the capillaries surrounding the kidney, or something like that. He was trying to explain it to me...Anyways that is so kewl...Maybe we can meet up someday and start a practice together, in the future of course...hehe Oh well take it easy

Peace
Old 02-26-2001, 12:29 AM   #3
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
That's crazy that we both had the same interests.

Last summer I followed a cardiologist around for a day. It was then that I really realized that that's what I wanted to do, and also became interested in being a surgeon. In that day alone I saw two angiograms and an angioplasty! It was awesome. He was a real nice guy...just out of med school...but he looked so stressed out. Running from his office to the hospital and back, always being quick about everything. He was driving a lexus GS400 though! Lucky guy.

How did you get into doing that shadowing? I've been wanting to do something like that, but I never know how to get it going. Did you just call and ask, or was it through some sort of agency?
Old 02-26-2001, 08:33 PM   #4
justin@af
Old Mod

Send a message via AIM to justin@af
Well its volunteer work...but my friend told me about this one area (radiology interventional) and she said it is really kewl b/c you get to shadow a doctor, but space was limited. So i called the next day and got the last spot for shadowing the radiologist. He accepts like 10 each semester. So i'm happy i got it. Just call up your hospital and ask it there is anyway you could shadow a doctor. I'm sure they have some job that lets you do that. You might have to do some busy work, but its worth it especially getting the opportunity to "scrub in" and watch surgeries up close.

Peace

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude