Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #46
alishia.asbell
AF Newbie

Re: Monte Carlo off topic thread.

okay, so i dont know that much about cars, but i have a 90 dodge dakota, a 94 camaro, and 95 monte carlo z34 and a 97 monte carlo ls. the monte z34 is having a few problems, and im not sure what i can do about them. It is a nice car ( black, leather, dual exhaust, DOHC, etc), but it had been wrecked before I bought it. It is having some problems with the drivers door. Mostly the locking mechanism like the button on the inside wont lock it, nor will my keyless entry. I took the door panel off and realized the whole thing is broken. But it will lock maunally and with the key. but now the door latch keeps falling down and makes it difficult to shut and sometimes my dome and map lights will not shut off until the power saving device kicks in after 10 minutes. any ideas on what I should do?
alishia.asbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #47
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishia.asbell
okay, so i dont know that much about cars, but i have a 90 dodge dakota, a 94 camaro, and 95 monte carlo z34 and a 97 monte carlo ls.
Meh, nobody's perfect.

seriously now, the actuating rod from the door lock solenoid to the handle is broken if I got that right? Probably going to be a junkyard item. How did it break exactly?

Oh wait, red alert, red alert, we have a topic in the off topic thread.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #48
alishia.asbell
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightz28
Meh, nobody's perfect.

seriously now, the actuating rod from the door lock solenoid to the handle is broken if I got that right? Probably going to be a junkyard item. How did it break exactly?

Oh wait, red alert, red alert, we have a topic in the off topic thread.
okay the dakota is what my step daughter wanted so she got it.

but the car was wrecked before i got it, fixed enough to pass inspection, and sold to me. i felt a loose piece inside the door, but i dont know what to look for when getting another one.

sorry about the topic thing....i just dont know where to turn
alishia.asbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #49
OldsRallyRim
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport
Alright, this is a simple thread that you can post anything in here that you want as long as its within the forum guidelines.. hopefully this will bring some life to the forum as yes it is kind of dead. But get to posting people.

And here's just a gif I find hilarious..

this is off topic as well .I really need some advice and tips to help me give 're-birth' to my 1988 c.s.classic. hope someone may help me!!
OldsRallyRim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #50
luxeryvic
AF Regular

Talking Re: Monte Carlo off topic thread.

wat kinda engine is in it, maybe put a new cam and better carb, give it some balls

news wheels and paint job could help too
luxeryvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #51
OldsRallyRim
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxeryvic
wat kinda engine is in it, maybe put a new cam and better carb, give it some balls

news wheels and paint job could help too
307 olds,has powder coated alluminum ralleys which are 14", car was painted pearl white with 2 coats clear 3 years ago.has 4bbl. rochester carb and 1 flowmaster minus cat. convertor(we do not require air control where I live )I would like to get rid of E.C.U. as well but currently saving up $ for new distributor etc..In your opinion do you think a different cam would "beef" her up a bit and if so any suggestions as to what kind to buy?? Thanks,O.O.R.(oldsralleyrim)
OldsRallyRim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #52
luxeryvic
AF Regular

my 77monte has a 305

i put a summit cam with rpm of idle-5000 since im not racin it it has a duration of204/214 and a lift of .420/442

the 305 also had a 2bbl carb so we replaced it with a 4bbl
luxeryvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #53
ROOSTER62
AF Newbie

Hey could anyone on here help me with a problem i'm having with my 72 monte carlo????
ROOSTER62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #54
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Y' wanna bring some life to these forums? Restructure them. They're a nightmare.

In terms of the GM segment, we've got wildly-overlapping topics while at the same time they've lumped totally-dissimilar vehicles together. Instead of having thriving, vibrant, well-defined sub forums, we've got heaps and piles of near-randomness.

Since this was posted on the "Monte Carlo" forum; we'll start there. '70 to '72 Montes should be in with '70 to '72 Chevelles and El Caminos. MAYBE in the same forum as '64--72 GM "A-Bodies".

'73--'77 Montes should be with '73--'77 Chevelles and El Caminos; and perhaps grouped with all '73--77 "A-bodies".

I'm thinking that '78-until-whatever-year they quit making them would be in the G-body section, or at least with the G-body Chevies.

And from 95-up, should be combined with the W-body platform, if not the Chevy W-bodies. My '98 Monte has far more in common with a Pontiac or Olds of similar year and platform than it does with a '73 Monte.

If the site were set up to respect the GM platforms instead of the GM nameplates, there's be tons more people with similar issues with similar cars to drive readership and add to postings visible to others.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #55
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

You're not the first person to suggest restructuring the forum. It still won't bring life into the forums. Forums are dying. We can thank Facebook for that.

You want to bring life into forums? Get everyone off Facebook.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 PM   #56
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
You're not the first person to suggest restructuring the forum. It still won't bring life into the forums. Forums are dying. We can thank Facebook for that.

You want to bring life into forums? Get everyone off Facebook.
Well lots of younger folks can't even open their hood let alone work on their vehicles. Part of the blame are new vehicles all computerized.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #57
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat View Post
Well lots of younger folks can't even open their hood let alone work on their vehicles. Part of the blame are new vehicles all computerized.
100% disagree. Cars have had computers for 30 years now. Every car I have ever modded has had a computer. Computers are not hurting the car culture. Hell they are making it easier.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:11 AM   #58
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

That must be a typo, because I know where I live it's about 20 years behind the rest of the world.

It's been 40+ years that cars have had engine management computers, and a full 10+ years prior to that when things started going heavily electronic, like ignitions, charging systems, and some emissions controls, and this is not considering radios.

Examples?

1964 - Electronic cruise control in Ford cars

1967 - Electronic voltage regulators in Chrysler and Plymouth cars

1973 - Air bag system in Buick, Cadillac, and Oldsmobile cars

1976 - Full electronic fuel injection system in Cadillac and Oldsmobile cars.

1980 - The floodgates opened, and even carburetors and transmissions had electronic controls.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #59
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
100% disagree. Cars have had computers for 30 years now. Every car I have ever modded has had a computer. Computers are not hurting the car culture. Hell they are making it easier.
My meaning was it is hard to find a mechanic who can diagnose instead of the "code reader" to a remove and replace parts.
Schurkey (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #60
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Not really. I think the perception is warped because there are too many "online mechanics" that think a code reader is the only way to diagnose a car.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo