Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Other Models
Other Models Discussions about all Hyundai models not specifically mentioned go here
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
NYTDI
AF Newbie

Question Atos parts in the USA?

Anyone know if I can get parts for an Atos in the USA? Source? Cap and rotor for starters. It's a 1998 1.0L SOHC MFI engine. Can provide VIN and engine # if needed. TIA
NYTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #2
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

In the USA I do not believe so, but being that the Atos is shipped to Mexico as the Dodge Atos you might have luck searching the Mexican market. The Atos is also sold as the Kia Visto.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
NYTDI
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info. I was aware that the Atos is being brought into Mexico as a Dodge. Not sure what engine they are using currently or how many years they have been bringing them in but I am told that the current ones for sale in Mexico,are built in India, not 100% sure but that's what I'm told. The one I am looking for parts for is a '98 Korean built example. If anyone out there has connections to Hyundai/Dodge in Mexico I'd be happy to hear from them. Sigh, wish I spoke Spanish. Thanks for the info re the Kia version. Any idea what markets the Kia Visto is sold in or if it was out in 1998?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 PM   #4
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

According to AutoIndex the Atos was also the Hyundai Amica in the UK and the Hyundai Atos Spirit in the Netherlands, as for the Kia Visto, it shows that it was produced from 1999 thru 2004 not 1998. It was assembled in South Korea and in India and now in Pakistan.

TS out

The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
DerekWhite (10-28-2011)
Old 11-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
NYTDI
AF Newbie

What a great resource for something like this. Thanks for the great link twospirits.

If any UK or Mexico members here have any guidance for a friendly parts dept. that won't think it's a big deal to ship to the USA I'm all ears.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #6
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

No problemo on the link. Whats funny is that I'm spanish and yet I have a hard time navigating through the spanish lanaguage website on stuff (mostly aftermarket) parts for my vehicle. What usually pops up are the ones from Spain, I have yet to come across any good ones from Mexico, which would be closer and more cheaper in shipping cost for me.

So are you are dealer in Alabama what has an Atos?

Oh, btw you may want to check with other dealers as well, there is one in Winconsin that is doing great with overseas parts and knows a few UK contacts. He might be able to help you or at least have contacts in Mexico. Check your pm.

Old 11-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #7
NYTDI
AF Newbie

Thanks!

Actually in NY, need to update profile.

Trying to help out a very kind elderly relative who lives on a very small island in the Caribbean. The dealer on the closest island is useless (one month wait for a cap and rotor? If I wanted some killer ganja he could probably hook me right up but parts? No mon, at least a month) not to mention the prices after shipping, customs, taxes and graft are breathtaking. Small parts like cap and rotor are best delivered in family or friends luggage. The car has needed little 'till now but it is starting to get to the age/mi. where it needs some attention now.

A shot of one w/the steering wheel on the "right" side.

http://www.carprices.co.uk/models/Hyundai/hyundaiatoz
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
NYTDI
AF Newbie

Atos parts in the USA? - Yes!

hey twospirits, I PM'ed you but I wanted to thank you for your help here also . Eventually I found the right person at Hyundai USA and once that happened I had the parts in a week and at "reasonable" dealer prices, no big penalty for such a weird order anyway. They are now on the car and the 999cc's in the little Atos are much happier.

If anyone runs into this issue and needs non-USA model parts in the USA ask your local dealer parts person to contact dealer support in CA. They have access to world parts systems and can give part #'s and get the ball rolling with your local parts counter. At least that's how it worked for me.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #9
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Woo Hoo, another satified hyundai owner.

TS out

Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
angila22
AF Newbie

Re: Atos parts in the USA?

I think its better to search it online.You can easily get it from there.You will have lots of option by searching online.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Other Models