Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
suprageex
AF Newbie

CFD testing Mini Z

Hey,
Lately I started getting a Mini-Z F1 car ready for the Belgian Mini Z cup of 2009. It'll also have to work as a flagship for my R/C tuning company ΠAES (Pi Automotive Engineering Service). For the technical stuff, I got it covered; 3010 FETS, X-Speed motor, full alu/carbon chassis, 2.4Ghz board, etc...

But, the most important factor in F1 is ofcourse aerodynamics. Yes, aerodynamics work on a 1/28 scale racer (just look at the differences in lap times between a Mini Z with f.e. an Enzo body vs. a Mini Z with a Pan body (Schuppe). I downloaded Symlab, which is a CFD (Computational fluid
dynamics
) -testing program. But I don't know how to get the full car, a 2005 McLaren MP4/20, on my screen, and how to add/change aero bits. If someone knows how to do it, or if someone would help me, it would be greatly appreciated (+ if you have a company with an online store, I could put your companys name as sponsor on the car).

As said, help would be very much appreciated!

-Working on the soon to be Belgian Mini-Z cup champion: The first ΠAES F1 car, based on the MP4/20: the Π-'09, featuring new lightweight materials and various new handmade elements to improve handling and agility.

Need help with CFD-testing >>> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=922556

"In many ways the Corvette Z06 is like herpes; great fun catching it, not so much fun to live with everyday!" -J. Clarkson
suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One