Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #16
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: rb25 swap in z32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaggus
I still reckon the VH45de would be a better platform if going the all out option.
while yes it has 450hp stock, it also comes turboed as stock. If you had a VH45deTT with basic turbos on it, I reckon it would be pulling 450hp AT LEAST. Given it has 320hp hp stock and thats with VERY conservative luxury tuning and VERY restrictive parts on it, ie exhaust airbox etc. Compared with the Vq37dett that has performance specific parts designed from factory.

I would be very interested to hear more about the design and block strength of the new VQ engine actually. That way we can see what it could really do.

here is the thing...the VQ37DETT will be a modifiers dream because i am thinking close to 1000AWHP will be seen on stock internals. usually larger displacement will overcome and surpass a smaller displacement motor in max HP created but i am sure the VQ37DETT will be coming with the strongest of everything from the factory to withstand 10lbs of boost and 450hp while maintaining daily reliability and 150k miles+.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #17
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
here is the thing...the VQ37DETT will be a modifiers dream because i am thinking close to 1000AWHP will be seen on stock internals.
VH45DE is already doing that
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Yaggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #18
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

yep... it'll be interesting to see if nissan has anything extra special up their sleeves for this engine...

which is kind of a reason i'm partial to mazda... they're willing to try things other than your standard 4 cycle piston engine.... example the rotary, and the miller cycle engine... it'd be cool if nissan busted out some mad new technology for one of its upcoming flagship cars
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #19
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
yep... it'll be interesting to see if nissan has anything extra special up their sleeves for this engine...

which is kind of a reason i'm partial to mazda... they're willing to try things other than your standard 4 cycle piston engine.... example the rotary, and the miller cycle engine... it'd be cool if nissan busted out some mad new technology for one of its upcoming flagship cars
i dont know about different forms of combustion engines but the GTR will have some updated systems and things on it that will possess the latest and greatest of technology. how about an updated ALTESSA AWD system? it will be something different and im sure making AWD not that big of a weight difference in comparison to RWD. i dont know if it has been stated that they will use the electric powered AWD like in the Cube over in Japan but it will be something interesting. i also read that Nissan may be going ahead and using the variable vein turbo like Porsche put into the new 911. it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the GTR. we should know alot more over the next few months. it better be something special for a car over $70k that doesnt carry a European badge nor a corvette logo.

VH45DE making excess of 1000rwhp on stock internals? where? need boost or nitrous to do that and i think the compression is a little high for that much boost and that would be one hefty shot of nitrous. i mean, its possible but i have never read or seen anything about the VH being that strong.

btw: VH is much like the VG and RB, its becoming old news. there will be something better to replace in the next line of Nissan/Infiniti cars.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #20
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
i dont know about different forms of combustion engines but the GTR will have some updated systems and things on it that will possess the latest and greatest of technology. how about an updated ALTESSA AWD system? it will be something different and im sure making AWD not that big of a weight difference in comparison to RWD. i dont know if it has been stated that they will use the electric powered AWD like in the Cube over in Japan but it will be something interesting. i also read that Nissan may be going ahead and using the variable vein turbo like Porsche put into the new 911. it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the GTR. we should know alot more over the next few months. it better be something special for a car over $70k that doesnt carry a European badge nor a corvette logo.

VH45DE making excess of 1000rwhp on stock internals? where? need boost or nitrous to do that and i think the compression is a little high for that much boost and that would be one hefty shot of nitrous. i mean, its possible but i have never read or seen anything about the VH being that strong.

btw: VH is much like the VG and RB, its becoming old news. there will be something better to replace in the next line of Nissan/Infiniti cars.
Yeah the Altessa had some serious flaws, thats why they scrapped it. New technology was always going to be used but the question is how much and to what extent? I am personally wanting to see something that has never even been brought up in discussion. I want to see something that has the same 'wow factor' as the VV turbos from porsche.

I'm with D on the whole Mazda issue. Man they have some funky ideas and they work damm well too. The suicide doors on the RX8 and bringing back the rotory. What champs!

The VH isnt becoming old news just yet, at least not in the same way the RB is. It technologically superior to the engines of its era and no one ( to my knowlage) has really pushed the envolope with those engines in a street car. The 1000hp VH45DETT is in a jet boat built by..... fuck I cant remember their name. Its a nissan tuning company in Melbourne...... Nizpro. That it. I dont know any more details on it. But as far as I know, its stock internalled. Maybe the pistons have been changed but as far as I know it is, or mostly, stock internalled. It probably doesnt hurt that it has awesome cooling due to the abundance of water. Generally a good thing with 1000hp...
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
I want to see something that has the same 'wow factor' as the VV turbos from porsche.
VV turbos are old news. porsche just brought them back and updated them. hopefully they will work better this time as far as long term reliability.

btw: what flaws were in the Altessa system. Worked damn well in the skyline as it is known to be one of the strongest AWD systems built from the factory.

Quote:
I'm with D on the whole Mazda issue. Man they have some funky ideas and they work damm well too. The suicide doors on the RX8 and bringing back the rotory. What champs!
of course they were going to bring back the rotary. they had to use some sort of gimic to make their sports car sell and they had to build a sports car to keep up with their competitors. suicide doors...very lame. it just turned an underpowered sports car into an underpowered sporty sedan/coupe. ill take the mazda 6 speed if i want a 4 door car with power from mazda.

Quote:
The VH isnt becoming old news just yet, at least not in the same way the RB is. It technologically superior to the engines of its era and no one ( to my knowlage) has really pushed the envolope with those engines in a street car. The 1000hp VH45DETT is in a jet boat built by..... fuck I cant remember their name. Its a nissan tuning company in Melbourne...... Nizpro. That it. I dont know any more details on it. But as far as I know, its stock internalled. Maybe the pistons have been changed but as far as I know it is, or mostly, stock internalled. It probably doesnt hurt that it has awesome cooling due to the abundance of water. Generally a good thing with 1000hp...
so...all of your proof that the VH is a great motor for pushing major HP is a boat that you have no details on that may be mostly stock internalled. i am sure there are VHs pushing well over 1000hp but the aftermarket is so small it would make it hard to build a reinforced uber strong internalled motor just because of availability of parts. i dont think we will have this problem with the VQ37DETT once created.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
VV turbos are old news. porsche just brought them back and updated them. hopefully they will work better this time as far as long term reliability.
Old news as far as the concept goes but not as functionality goes. THey havent been used to this effect before and not getting the sorts of numbers Porsche is.

Quote:
btw: what flaws were in the Altessa system. Worked damn well in the skyline as it is known to be one of the strongest AWD systems built from the factory.
Due to the fact that it doensnt kick in until AFTER your sliding. Cant be assed looking up specifics. Its skyline related so I dont care enough to warrent going back through magazine articles to fine it. Use google and find it yourself if you find it that interesting.

Quote:
of course they were going to bring back the rotary. they had to use some sort of gimic to make their sports car sell and they had to build a sports car to keep up with their competitors. suicide doors...very lame. it just turned an underpowered sports car into an underpowered sporty sedan/coupe. ill take the mazda 6 speed if i want a 4 door car with power from mazda.
IMO suicide doors look awesome. Each to their own.

Quote:
All of your proof that the VH is a great motor for pushing major HP is a boat that you have no details on that may be mostly stock internalled. i am sure there are VHs pushing well over 1000hp but the aftermarket is so small it would make it hard to build a reinforced uber strong internalled motor just because of availability of parts. i dont think we will have this problem with the VQ37DETT once created.
Gimme a break. Its not like its easy to find info on this shit.

http://www.nissanv8.com/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Im interested to see what that pulls on the dyno.

And i know full well what the aftermarket is like on these engines. All I was saying is that the POTENTIAL of these engines is huge. Not that its that easy to find parts for them. An I am sure that the VQ will have a plethora of parts designed for it once its up and running. Thats one of the benefits of having an engine in arguabley the most popular car in Japan.

Oh and btw ALTESSA II is going to be in the new skyline.... How did you not know this?

Old 02-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

just spent a bunch of time reading up on the vh45 stuff... yeah, nizpro's boat makes around 1000hp on stock internals....

and 1500hp out of the 37dett? good luck
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #24
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:

Due to the fact that it doensnt kick in until AFTER your sliding. Cant be assed looking up specifics. Its skyline related so I dont care enough to warrent going back through magazine articles to fine it. Use google and find it yourself if you find it that interesting.
um....so...it still works and propels the GTR to be one of the greatest track cars for under $100k. how is that a major flaw?

Quote:
IMO suicide doors look awesome. Each to their own.
they look awesome...on a king cab pick up truck. they should never be on a sports car.

Quote:
Gimme a break. Its not like its easy to find info on this shit.
if you wanted a break, you shouldnt have posted info without proper proof.

Quote:
Oh and btw ALTESSA II is going to be in the new skyline.... How did you not know this?
This is the article i found from a quick google search. I read a different article with more details on the AWD system being updated but i cant seem to locate it.

For the lazy:
"If the GT-R does get four-wheel drive, it could use a revised version of the ATTESA four-wheel-drive system found in the R34 GT-R or a radically new in-wheel electric motor four-wheel-drive system. Driven wheels aside, it is rumored that Nissan has contracted with world-famous Lotus to help with fine-tuning the car’s track performance."
http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...ice-page2.html

so just for review...Nissan is employing Cosworth to help with the build and performance of a 3.7L V6 Twin Turbo motor. Using Lotus to help with suspension and AWD set-up for better track performance. If they can get it to look nice, it should be one hell of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ
and 1500hp out of the 37dett? good luck
yes, what is wrong with that? the RB26DETT is known to put down 1500hp, why cant a motor with more than a Liter more displacement do it. i look for the VQ37DETT to make over 1000awhp with lack of huge effort on stock internals. for a motor to consistently make 500hp and be reliable, Nissan/Cosworth will be dumping some serious money into the best and strongest of parts, therefore benefiting the tuner.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

because it's a v6... the balance in it is way off compared to the rb... as strong as you can make it, it will still only have that 4 bolt main, and that's where the shit hits the fan no matter how strong you make it stock...there's going to be a limit on how much these guys spend per engine... sure if they were engineering it to run drags and track races etc, they'd have all of the bells and whistles... but even then i'm thinking it's going to be limited to around 1000bhp..
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 02-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
because it's a v6... the balance in it is way off compared to the rb... as strong as you can make it, it will still only have that 4 bolt main, and that's where the shit hits the fan no matter how strong you make it stock...there's going to be a limit on how much these guys spend per engine... sure if they were engineering it to run drags and track races etc, they'd have all of the bells and whistles... but even then i'm thinking it's going to be limited to around 1000bhp..
nah...new technology. stronger materials but lighter. i will be surprised if this motor will not push 1500hp with your basic overbore, upgraded internals, heavy head work, etc. if the VG can push 1000rwhp, the 15 year newer VQ with .7 more liters should be able to squeeze out another 500hp.

we will see...i have read a few theories that by using the Nismo crank in the VG instead of the stocker it may allow more power to be squeezed out without destroying the main bearings.

also think about this, Robert at Z1's VG is still running today after putting down 1000rwhp. the heads lifted off of the block before the main bearings were destroyed. i am anxious for him to do another dyno run as i dont think he was using ARP head studs.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

true, but there's only so much metal can handle... aside from using rare and very expensive metals...

i am excited to see what it will be able to do.... it's going to make for a mad swap engine... good size, hot technology... fancy new stuff... it'll make for one quick 240z once someone aquires the money and time
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 02-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #28
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
true, but there's only so much metal can handle... aside from using rare and very expensive metals...

i am excited to see what it will be able to do.... it's going to make for a mad swap engine... good size, hot technology... fancy new stuff... it'll make for one quick 240z once someone aquires the money and time
and 500hp at ~10 psi.

my theory: anything making 500hp at only 10 lbs of boost, should be able to make 1000hp with hardly breaking a sweat and 1500hp pushing its upper limits. plus always keep in mind, this is alot of displacement for a twin turbo application from the factory.

as for a swap, as soon as you can aquire the motor and parts for less than $20k, i am sure it would be worthwhile. which until something better comes out, making demand go down, it will be a while. tuners wanting power will still opt for the RBs and 2JZs and LS6s.

i just am excited to see track numbers for this car. with AWD and a handsome suspension and close to vette power, this thing should be able to hang right next to a C6 Z06 around a track as it should as it will be its main competitor for $70k. when i can pick one up for $40k i will consider buying one over a BMW M3. speaking of which, the new M3 should also be a main concern and it is supposed to be cheaper than the Z06 or GTR.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #29
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i'm just waiting for the vh45 to get big over here and parts to get a little cheaper for it... i mean i can already get the engine, (in a car) for around 6 grand for about 80k on the engine...

mind you the 32 valve thing and quad cams can make shit expensive when replacing stuff... even still...
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 02-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #30
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:

mind you the 32 valve thing and quad cams can make shit expensive when replacing stuff... even still...
tell me about it...except 24 valve.

as for VH45DE, it will not go in any car of mine until i have seen more people do more with it, better informing me of its limits stock modified, etc. only way its going in my car is i have the funds to build it to the gills and throw on a pair of MASSIVE turbos and just boost the living hell out of it.
otherwise, i will stick with 2JZ.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)