Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Trying to learn
AF Newbie

Clutch diaphragm spring. How to choose it's diameter?

So first of all - Hi! Now - my question. So i'm doing a project on a clutch, and i am given a light truck vehicle, with a 770~ Nm torque and a 228 kW engine. And i need to design a clutch for that vehicle. So, because of high torque i chose a multi plate clutch, with a friction discs 350mm in outer diameter and a 290 in inner diameter. And know i need to choose a diaphragm spring(or coil springs would be better?) but i don't know how to calculate what diameter of diaphragm spring should be. Maybe someone could help?
Trying to learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
CobraTrans
AF Newbie

Re: Clutch diaphragm spring. How to choose it's diameter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to learn View Post
So first of all - Hi! Now - my question. So i'm doing a project on a clutch, and i am given a light truck vehicle, with a 770~ Nm torque and a 228 kW engine. And i need to design a clutch for that vehicle. So, because of high torque i chose a multi plate clutch, with a friction discs 350mm in outer diameter and a 290 in inner diameter. And know i need to choose a diaphragm spring(or coil springs would be better?) but i don't know how to calculate what diameter of diaphragm spring should be. Maybe someone could help?
Its been a while since you posted the question so I am wondering if you were able to figure out. I´m just curious to know if you got an answer.

IF you have a vehicle with these specs I could find it with the whole year/make/model or transmission model but by calculating it based on tech specs I am really curious to learn.

So keep us posted!!! Thx!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical