Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
Alison9095
AF Newbie

Lost title and title transfer-who fills out what?

I purchase a used car from a private seller, and as soon as I'm done paying it off she tells me she lost the title and I will need to get a new one. I have forms vtr-34 and 130-u. Are these the correct forms? And does she fill out the center (sections 14-29) of 130-u?
Alison9095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Lost title and title transfer-who fills out what?

Something doesn't seem right here. You finished paying the car off and now, all of a sudden the title is lost... did you ever see the title? If not, I would wonder whether it ever existed. Or maybe the title does exist, and she's working on a way to rip you off. I could be wrong, but be careful. From here on out, collect and hold onto every piece of paper connected to the car and the fact that you've paid it off. You will need the sellers cooperation to get a new title, I suggest that you record every conversation about this. Since you weren't the one who allegedly "lost" the title, you shouldn't be responsible for the cost of the new title, and trust me, it's not cheap. Keep everything in order with this one, that way if your car that you paid for gets repossessed, you can sue and win.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
Alison9095
AF Newbie

Re: Lost title and title transfer-who fills out what?

Thank you but she is a trustworthy person in the community just somewhat scatterbrained.
Alison9095 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A