Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Outback
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
chloesimone
AF Newbie

Subaru 1998 Legacy Outback

Hello, I purchased my 1998 legacy outback 5 years ago with a little over 2,000 miles on it. 2 years ago I had the entire engine replaced but since then I have had ongoing issues with it from electrical to my current problem with it constantly shaking while in idle. I've been informed its due to the motor mounts and given that it's expensive to have it fixed, I'm hesitant to have it done, given all of the money I've already put into it.

I've been considering purchasing a new car and would like to know if anyone has an idea of how long my car has left and if it would be worth it to fix it or get a new car.
chloesimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

Re: Subaru 1998 Legacy Outback

Well, the short answer is, if you like your car then some more money to keep it going long term, won't hurt too much. Or you can cut your losses and go with another vehicle which may or may not have other problems to fix. My thought is, if they diagnosed it as motor mounts, and they do it and it doesn't clear your issue, then you have grounds for recompense. It really depends on how much money we are talking here.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Outback