Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Maserati > 3200 GT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 10:59 PM   #1
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NissanZ@af
What does everyone think about the 3200 GT? I think it's a pretty cool car. I don't really like the tail-lights though.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:11 AM   #2
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I agree. It looks really cool, except for the taillights. But, hea, what else could they do. I think the engine will be especially neat, with its 3.2L twin turbo, 380hp V8. I would like to see it compared to the Jag XKR.
Old 04-29-2001, 04:46 PM   #3
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to BBD
the tail gate was Fiat's Idea,,,, Maserati's are GODS ON THE ROAD,,, NO car manufacturer Builds car with Quality anymore.. Maserati's are almost perfect cars Real leather real Quality they are so wonderful to own drive and just to park it near a coffee shop and just stare at it for hours ,,, u have to love them:sun:
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 05:43 PM   #4
Chris
Oldie

Wow, BBD, you sound like you own one. Do You? If you do, tell us about it, and lucky you. But I can't agree about the quality. It should improve since Ferrari bought them (yes, Ferrari is owned by Fiat.) BUT, currently, quality (I mean parts breaking, etc, not how nice it is) is sub-par. To bad, otherwise they'd be near-perfect. But hey, what can you expect from a small-volume company.
Old 04-29-2001, 11:38 PM   #5
BBD
AF Enthusiast

hey Chris... well I dont own a Maserati but my younger brother has the 3200GT ,,, am just a big Maserati fan,, about breaking down ,, ohh they had a bad reputation in the old days, but these 2 new cars really look prommising ,, the Evo and the GT, I truely like the Evo better because its a Sedan. the 3200 is very nice just not my style going for a Sport car... if you want to compare it to the Jaguars, I should say the 3200GT is in a class of its own big time, in power, luxuary, handling, and so forth. its more compared to the Porche, Ventury, Ferrari 355. (Jaguars dont play this class always 2nd to these)
Old 04-29-2001, 11:43 PM   #6
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Chris here are some sites you can look into with XKR and the 3200GT in specs.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~admoor/jaguar.htm
http://www.maserati.it
Old 04-30-2001, 09:38 AM   #7
Chris
Oldie

I agree about Maserati being in a class all their own. Most people would want a Maserati, wouldn't even look at a Jag. Yeah, I already mentioned the quality should go up, which is good news. Thanks for the sites!
Old 01-10-2002, 03:19 AM   #8
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I think the car is HOT especially the new roadster

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:35 AM   #9
josh0855
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to josh0855
The car is a italian "sleaper" walking to it you dont quite know what to expect, but when you finaly arive it just relaxes you. Personaly makes me question some selection of a 911 over it (spare turbo mabye )
josh0855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #10
crayzayjay
CFA

The simple fact people choose 911's over these is because the 911's are vastly superior in the way they drive. But then the 3200GT isnt an all-out racer and is more comparable to the Jag XKR or Aston Martin DB7. I personally love this car, i prefer it to the 4200GT, in other words i perfer the teardrop rear lights, i think they're novel, refreshing, and absolutely fantastic! as for the ones that replaced them, it's been done, and seen before.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:46 AM   #11
lung7707
AF Newbie

new owner to be

I am in the process of swapping my 1990 Ferrari Testarossa for a 2001 3200GT. A couple of reason...good price on my Testa good buy price on the Mase. I have always like the 3200 since it first came out. Its more stable than the Testa at extremely high speeds...150MPH++, its got traction control, its got abs, its got nice lines but honestly I prefer my Testa's looks. But at the end of the day I think its a more practical car. As for speed the Mase is faster off the line but the Testa has a great torquiness about it.
Any thoughts on the swap?
lung7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #12
crayzayjay
CFA

To be honest, as much as i love the Maz, its kind of a step down from Ferrari. If you still prefer the looks of your Testa, the 3200GT isnt such an unbelievable drive to make that the deciding factor, at least i dont think it is. It is, however, more practical, as you note... I cant help thinking a used Ferrari 456 would be a better proposition, if its within your budget, what are your thoughts?
Old 02-08-2003, 08:50 AM   #13
lung7707
AF Newbie

I am not sure what u mean by a step down...if you mean "branding" and "mystique" I have to agree with you. But if you talk about technology and drivability...its up there with the rest. I test drove it today and I was surprized at how quick this car is: off the line, straight line, around corners, top-end, etc. I didn't have to fight the car around corners, but then again that was where the fun was in the Testa.

I did consider a used 456 but the pricing was too far off. I checked with my friend who owned both 456 and later the 3200GT and now the 4200, he liked the 3200 best of the three. He regrets the 4200 upgrade. He finds the paddle shifts still too jerky.

Anyway, I liked it....I bot it. Delivery next week. Will let you know if I have regrets in a couple of weeks time. Hope not.
lung7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #14
crayzayjay
CFA

Branding and mystique is exactly what im talking about..

and youre also right, the 3200GT isnt a sports car like a 911 for example, its a fully-fledged GT, so the thrill of driving will be reduced...i agree with your friend, id rather have a 3200 over a 4200 anyday of the week, the looks are much better to start off with..

id personally have to go for a 456 out of the three, its also a GT but theres a lot of power there, and it looks beautiful too...

still, congratulations on a very fine car... you'll have to post some pics when you get it
Old 02-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #15
AlexHancock
AF Newbie

Talking

I bought a 3200 GTM in June 2002 - fantastic car!

I would have loved a 456 or 550 but with Maserati's warranty and fixed price servicing for 3 years this is a relatively cheap car to run. I went for a manual as the auto seemed less involving - but the manual is harder to drive (poor gearbox and on/off power delivery).

I was a bit worried about reliability but it's been almost perfect with just little adjustments required and has never let me down.

Took it on my usual trip from London to Italy in the Summer and it was happy to tear along at 225+ Kph without any problems. The suspension's a bit soft (sport mode doesn't make much difference on a 3200 but is much better on a 4200) on high speed corners.

It gets lots of attention but very little jealousy unlike Porsche or Ferrari.

Cheers

Alex
AlexHancock is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Maserati > 3200 GT