Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Beretta
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
cj091184
AF Newbie

92 gtz runs poorly

Hi everyone, 92 beretta gtz 2.3 quad 4 DOHC, 5 speed.
OK, so my friend bought this car in this condition, it seems like its running very rich you can smell the gas when its running, ifyou try to hit the gas any faster than very slow it bogs down and then backfires alot wich is how he blew the exhaust off on his way home, yes the exhaust is gone front to back and I know this aint good but would like to see some improvement in the engine before we buy all new exhaust, if you push on the accelerator slowley you can smoothly bring up the rpms but if you let off to quick it will backfire very bad.

Flashed codes, 12 , 41 , 16,........41 is 1x sensor or cmp but this car does not have one that I can find, also if I try to put in a jumper wire while its running the car stalls is that normal.

any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, also I am going to test fuel pressure and some ignition system sensors later, will post results
cj091184 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Beretta