Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
sineon
AF Newbie

in- dash color codes for spaeaker wiring

hi to all, and thanks for havin me. i bought this truck about a month ago, and have made quite a bit of progress on what little info i could find here and there, and just a whole lot of common sense fixes, considering the guy i bought it from is a self proclaimed non-mechanic! he is a friend of mine's kid, in my church group, and knew i needed a vehicle to go back and forth to new orleans( we are katrina evacuess) and lost pretty much everything.! anyway, i needed something i could pull a trailer with, to salvage what little there was left to salvage, plus something i could work on myself and keep runnin. i do all my own mechanic work, so, i learn as i go when i get somethin new. have managed to come across bits and pieces of a shop manual, but, it's so incomplete, well, you can guess the rest! I really like the truck, and plan on keepin it for a while, so, i need to make two more trips down to new orleans before the end of the year, one of which will probably be this weekend, around the 12th, and, then again to meet w/ FEMA regardin my mom's house. anyway, havin owned a couple of four wheel drive vehicles in the past, i was glad to get it,
especially up here, as i hear the ice is worse than the snow! all wheel drive comes in handy in that situation.... i'm busy changin the rear shock bushings, the shocks don't appear to be shot, yet, but the bushings were shot to hell!! have to do the right side upper(looks like two tapered bushings), something i will order from atlantic british, and do it right, when time and money afford me the opportunity, when i get back from hell(New Orleans). for now, i'm puttin bandaids on this truck w/ stuff i'm finding @ the local auto parts houses. also had to make a panhard rod bushin( bandaid), so the thing would stop shaking all over the road! actually knocked one of the glass lenses for the fog/drivin lights completely off, so, if anyone has one i can glue back on, i'll gladly pay you for your time,and shippin, as well as the lens.want to do that before i ruin the whole light ass'y. i'd also like to know if anyone has swapped out the stock stereo, i have figured out thru the manual which are the two powers, and the ground, and was able to get sound out of the front right speaker, but that's it! i kinda need a radio,(if anyone knows the secret to the color codes to the speaker wiring, please, please let me know!) for weather, and traffic, as a portable CD player i borrowed from my daughter is useless because of the terrain. is there an audio amp somewhere hidin up under the dash that i don't know about, or is this one of those times when i'm gonna have to re-wire the whole damn thing?? i was able to get sound out of the front right speaker, the kid i bought it from had stuck a stock Ford cassette player in the dash,(unhooked, of course, causin my runnin light to malfunction, until i figured out that the +&- were makin contact) so it wouldn't have a gaping hole in the dash, i suppose..... anyway, i guess i shouldn't be worried about that for now, as i have so many questions, concerning the engine, etc., but it helps take my mind off the BIG picture for a few moments. anyway, thanks for lettin me vent, so to speak, and i hope i will hear from one of (or all of )you , soon. thanks again, louis, sineon@hotmail.com.
PS: if anyone knows of a good salvage yard somewhere between Dalton, Georgia, and say, Chattanooga, PLEASE let me know! again, thanks for havin me, and take care to all, louis
sineon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque