Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
NJPagan
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to NJPagan
1997 JGC Liftgate Sensor

Hi Jeepies, I have a lift gate sensor that appears to be loose enough, that while driving, it will activate the the lift gate alarm on the heads up. I know there is one for the window glass too. The reason I’m leaning toward the lift gate unit is it seems to be loose in its socket.
Can anyone tell me how to remove this component? I’ve tried everything. I can get loose but I can’t get it out, and yeah, I’d like to get it out without breaking some little plastic retention tab I don’t know about and can’t see.
Also, this component seems to be a proximity switch. I have a good example of a micro type switch right next to it which I assume operates lighting as it will trip as soon as the handle is pulled. The component in question looks more like proximity, something I’m reasonably familiar with from an automation background.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I need to repair or bypass, I can’t take the heads up beeping at me anymore...

And Thanks!
NJPagan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8