Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:59 AM   #16
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Re: Navigation & MMC

Hi Guys
I don't want to be hold responsable but check out item number 5746772630 on Ebay, it might be a wind up as he is a newbie. But it opens a can of worms if he is genuine.
gavinveronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #17
pomare1
AF Newbie

Hi there. I know this post is mostly about Chariots but we recently purchased a Pajero with a MMCS in it and thanks to your posts found an english manual from jpnz. *Great Stuff* However we still can't access it as it is asking for that boot CD as the battery was disconnected. Anybody able to help at all??
pomare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:16 AM   #18
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Pajero

If you have the correct head unit, then I can probably help. vrongav@talktalk.net

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:55 AM   #19
pomare1
AF Newbie

Thanks for sending the CD Gavin it arrived all good!!
We have to admit we were a bit skeptical about ordering from the UK but it all turned out the best.
pomare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #20
gordon stewart
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Navigation & MMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinveronica
Hi Guys
I don't want to be hold responsable but check out item number 5746772630 on Ebay, it might be a wind up as he is a newbie. But it opens a can of worms if he is genuine.

Hi Gavin
Just joined, ( would be keen for you to tell me about the item above, it is not on EBAY now,) I had the same problems as you all with my Mitsi/Chariot/1997 Jap import. I live in Wairoa, Northern Hawkesbay Newzealand. We kept losing the screen info, it was so irratic that it distracted me while I was driving. The Toyota sales man tried to find out how to fix the prob, but Mitsubishi NZ did not want to know about it. They did find out that the need for a disc was some of the problem, and they did supply a loan disc.

This did not help me, the system kept asking for the cd, even when the cd was always there. I tried all sorts of things as I wanted to play a music cd in the system. I did manage to get the music to play through the cd player under the drivers seat, but it would not play while I was driving, it was ok while the car was parked. After checking the system for lose wires, I then tried to alter the programing of the navigation program, blindly, I then disconected the battery, installed the mmc disc again, to my joy, things have now been sorted.

No one can tell me, but I think the navi program was causing the problem, it kept asking for the cd because everyone, including myself, kept resetting the navi program blindly, and the system needed more info from the cd, until this was done the system caused problems.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem and found out the cause. Cheers Gordon stewart
gordon stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:29 AM   #21
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

mmcs

The disc that you was loaned is obviously the wrong one, there are several CD's for all the different Mitsubishi ranges, the CD part number you need is MR285494 this covers your car from 1997-2000 and a few Pajero's with the same head unit. The CD is very expensive through a dealer and most are unwilling to help. The CD will fix all as long as you have the white overlay on your screen with several different Japanese words, but in the middle of it all you will spot the word CD, also this CD has fixed a few black screens. If you would like a copy then please email me at vrongav@talktalk.net
This CD will reactivate your whole system 100%, inc trip computer, TV, radio, tape, graphic equalizer, compass, altitude metre, 4WD, air con info.
Please note that the TV and 4WD is not available on some models.

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:03 AM   #22
kreme
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd1
we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map?

Also the MMC controls are all in Japanese, any ideas on how to make these English also?
Has anyone ever considered taking a digital photo of the MMC panel, taking it to a Japanese language school (Local polytech etc) and getting it translated?
Will try this myself and see if it helps us
(We are brand new owners (today) of a 1998 Chariot Grandis and want to get the most out of what is (to us) new technology)
kreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #23
gordon stewart
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreme
Has anyone ever considered taking a digital photo of the MMC panel, taking it to a Japanese language school (Local polytech etc) and getting it translated?
Will try this myself and see if it helps us
(We are brand new owners (today) of a 1998 Chariot Grandis and want to get the most out of what is (to us) new technology)
Hi kreme
I hope you enjoy your MMC Chariot as much as we have.
We have had our 1997 MMC Chariot Grandis super exceed for six months now, it is the safest vehicle I have driven. The permanent 4 wheel drive and the very responsive auto gearbox and motor power makes it a smart car for New zealand roads. Taking a photo is a good idea, be very keen to see how you get on. I have learned a lot about the Navigation system, and have got my one working well, I have also put a 10 disc Mitshi stacker in under the passenger seat, linked into the Nav cd under the drivers seat, if you need any help in these areas, I am happy to share my experience.
Gordon Stewart
gordon stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #24
finmgr
AF Newbie

I have just purchased a 1998 Chariot Grandis. Gavin came to the rescue and sent me the reset CD (see his post on other peoples questions). If you're having problems I would suggest look no further than Gavin. It's worth the price to pay to have him burn you a disc and send it to you.

Now if I could only find maps for the GPS unit. Does anyone know if the MMCS units are able to read Garmin GPS maps?

Glen
finmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #25
jjombwe
AF Newbie

Re: Navigation & MMCS CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinveronica
Hi Daniel, please email me at gavin@gavin2.wanadoo.co.uk I will be able to send pictures and I have all the info you need and although you wont get the TV running a DVD is simple.
Hi every body,

i have just imported two Mitsubish Galant model 1998 & 1996 from japan. the vehicles are fitted with a MCS but its in japanese. can some one help me send me an english version of the installation software CD including the navigation CD that can read uganda map? i can be contacted on jpaul@ircu.or.ug
I have just seen the part number for the CD am looking for MR383899 Kindly some one help me.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by jjombwe; 04-04-2006 at 09:07 AM.
jjombwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #26
barbey1
AF Newbie

Yet another uk chariot grandis with 10 disk cd under passenger seat and sat nav box under driver seat with a cd reset needed. can anyone help at the moment the with moans about the bright light from display at nightime. Please mail klauseb@msn.com with any info. many Thanks Kevin
barbey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #27
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

I can help, I have emailed you today.
Gavin
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #28
Scorpionz
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Navigation & MMC

Hi, I have just been reading through this forum, although not sure if I can follow. To me it seems that I might need either a replacement chip (NZ$1400) - too expensive or that I can use a CD.

What I am looking for is the option to alter the Japanese on a 1999 Grandis Chariot to English. Although I haven't yet bought it, I am seriously considering buying...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, either in this forum or via an email (sirpiot at hotmail dot com)

Cheers
Scorpionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 AM   #29
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpionz
Hi, I have just been reading through this forum, although not sure if I can follow. To me it seems that I might need either a replacement chip (NZ$1400) - too expensive or that I can use a CD.

What I am looking for is the option to alter the Japanese on a 1999 Grandis Chariot to English. Although I haven't yet bought it, I am seriously considering buying...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, either in this forum or via an email (sirpiot at hotmail dot com)

Cheers
Don't pay $1400 for a chip as there isn't one, email me at vrongav@talktalk.net and I will help with pictures and advice.
Thanks
Gavin

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #30
juanpiro
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Navigation & MMC

Hello I am Juan Pablo I am from Bolivia. I have manual for Mitsubishi chariot, And also I have manual for consoles different from cars in Japanese, these manuals are in English but they are helpful. They are on sale.

mi e-mail are: juan_pablomp@hotmail.com
juanpiro is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis