Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
lowside
AF Newbie

A usb type device is covering my obd2 connector

just bought a 2000 Dodge Neon and I wanted find out why my check engine light was on. I went to my local auto zone and I was told that the diagnostic connector was removed because there was a printed circuit board located where the obd2 connector should be. So after driving home and inspecting a little closer I notice that the device is only covering my diagnostic connector so I pulled it off. The device itself is a female connector that has a printed circuit board on the end of it. The printed circuit board has a triangular side of a usb connector mounted on it with various little resistor, transistors and diodes on one side of it and on the back side it has pins that mimic the male end of a obd2 tester. The device is very crude because nothing protects the printed circuit side of the connector and has Davis 2006 stamped on it needless to say go-ogling didn't help either . The actual female connector is clear blue in color. I tried connecting a usb cable but I wasn't to get and data from it.
I was just wondering had anyone ran across a device like this or if i can get the software to make it work?
lowside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
dewaynep
AF Regular

Re: A usb type device is covering my obd2 connector

It's called a data logger. A search turned up this: http://www.amazon.com/Davis-Instrume.../dp/B000SKQD9O

Search Davis obdII data logger and you will come up with several hits.
dewaynep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
lowside
AF Newbie

Re: A usb type device is covering my obd2 connector

Wow that's the device! Amazon has a really good picture of what I have, now I just need to down load the software to see its still functional.

Thanks for your response.
lowside is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon