Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #16
Eji95
AF Newbie

Re: My Tahoe is having an acceleration issue

my 95 Tahoe, 166,700 miles has been having the same problem. My mechanic ruled out the fuel pump, did a major and extensive tune up, including fuel filter, the battery is one year old, and still, after all that, it again is having the same problems 2 months later. I step on the gas pedal, it hesitates, kicks in, moves the car, and then when I need to accelerate more it hesitates and then surges forward. Going uphill is like beating a dying horse. It stays at the same speed while I either gradually or suddenly accelerate, and whines all the way until I release the gas pedal pressure. I have no idea what the oil pressure guage is doing while all this is going on. Prior to my last tune-up, I barely made it above 40 mph. Now it will at least get to 60, but whines in the process. It's like the transmission does not get the signal to shift. Tranny is fine. I haven't checked for leaks. Catalytic converter is OK, and everything else passes without an engine code. MAP sensor test was done. fine. Hints, tips, recommendations?
Eji95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #17
j cAT
AF Fanatic

this is another new member looking for guesses ..

your checking on your mechanics work .

The forums cannot help you unless you post important troubleshooting results.

engine has NO power so he does a tune up and nothing improves NOT surprised on that one.

answers required are what is the fuel pressure. also does the fuel pressure hold key on engine off. does the fuel pump deliver good volume this is checked with the fuel pressure gauge connected that has a drain valve open , see how the pressure holds .. dirty injectors POOR flow.

downshifting on an engine that has limited power will not shift properly . the engine when at WOT should roar not whine like a little BEACHe..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #18
superbee717
AF Newbie

My 98 Tahoe is not accelerating over 3000 rpms like it’s not getting fuel.
I changed fuel filter fuel pump and had my catalytic converters checked today they were good. . Also replaced cap and rotor button. Still will not rev over 3 to 3500 rpm. Runs like a champ to 3500 but has a hard time climbing hills. Has anybody ever figured out what they’re problem was? I’m running out of patience.
Ps
Also I swapped map sensor tps and maf sensor out of another truck still no better.
Any intelligent ideas or personal experiences with this problem would be greatly appreciated
It’s like someone put a 3300rpm governor on my tahoe
superbee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:52 PM   #19
777stickman
AF Enthusiast

Welcome to AF. I'm on my 2nd scotch, so not sure how intelligent my suggestions might be??

1. Are you getting WOT in the cable operated throttle body?
2. When you're climbing those N.C. hills at WOT what does the Eng Temp gauge do? Does it stay the same or rise quickly?
3. As jCat mentioned above, fuel pressure and flow are pivotal for producing power and rpm's.
4. Check for intake restrictions, Mice, Birds, Moose.
5. Make sure the ECT is providing the correct temp to the PCM.
6. Give my regards to Jr.
1999 K2500 Old Body Style Suburban (Gone but not forgotten)
05 Dodge Ram 3500/5.9 Cummins
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
777stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #20
superbee717
AF Newbie

Ok I want to let everyone know that my Tahoe is fixed and unlike most I’m gonna tell you how it was fixed. My fuel pump was only 6months old pressure was 55 not running 61 running which most people would believe to be good fuel pressure. Apparently not. New ac Delco fuel pump and my problems have been solved. I think gm says 60 to 65 for the fuel pump to function properly. So this spider injection must be very sensitive to any lower pressures. New pump and it runs fine now. Hope this helps anybody else having this issue. Thanks and good day
superbee717 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K