Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
mjgrantham
AF Newbie

Water sloshing around at base of windshield

My 01 Montana EWB was always garaged and never exhibited signs of water leakage, until keeping it outside for the past several months. Sometimes, but not always, after it has rained, moisture is visible inside the bottom of the windshield where the VIN stamp is. I check it frequently. Just the other day I drove it and heard water sloshing back-and-forth underneath the dash panel at the base of the windshield when turning and/or accelerating. There is no rust along the top of the windshield and I've seen no evidence of water leaking anywhere inside, either from the headliner or overhead console. Where could this water be coming in from if it's only at the base of the windshield, with no evidence of leakage higher up? My driveway is quite flat and level. Also the van is seldom driven, so the leak happens while it sits. Thanks!

Last edited by mjgrantham; 09-25-2016 at 03:34 PM.
mjgrantham is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6