Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
chimknee
AF Newbie

A/C and heater problem...

We own a 2008 Ford Fusion, V6. Like the car in general. The car is driven mostly around town. We took a trip of about 4 hours last summer. About 2 hours into it the A/C began not to operate. First the flow of air slowed then no more cooling. Was like this for the rest of the trip. Next day return went the same way. This past December, same problem occured with the heater. After about 2 hours, we had to keep raising the temp tp get any warmth. When we bring it to Ford, the car hasn't run long enough so they can find no problems. Any thoughts?
chimknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #2
i_a_n112784
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i_a_n112784
Re: A/C and heater problem...

My first thought is to let them have it for the day, if possible so they can run it long enough. However, there was an issue with 07's with erratic fan speeds, if that sounds like your problem.

This is what the tsb says...see if it sounds like your issue..
ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion/Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007 MKZ equipped with Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC), Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) and/or Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) systems may exhibit an intermittent blower motor operation or a blower motor that may shift to and remain at high speed. In certain intermittent conditions, cycling the ignition or running the blower motor on high speed for one minute may help to return it to normal blower motor operation.

I've also seen one or two fusions with odd eatc control head issues where the unit had to be replaced....but as a whole, if it will do it after an hour or two, drop it off, and let them run it for the hour or two it takes, so they can see it happen...or when it is happening, show up there, dont turn it off, and have the service writer come out and see for themselves...I work for a dealer, and half the problem is getting cars to act up, if I can see it doing it, it's normally easy to diagnose, and those systems aren't too complicated. (yes all computer controlled, but still not THAT bad)
i_a_n112784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
chimknee
AF Newbie

Re: A/C and heater problem...

Thanx for the comeback. We will look into your suggestions.
chimknee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion