Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #16
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

i know 3-4 people who work at the lube and u guys would be horrified at the things they let happen. I caution anyone taking a LOWERED vehicle there. the lifts are not made to accomidate lowered vehicles, especially with body kits. i have seen them severely damage custom body parts time and time again. if u insist on taking a vehicle there, watch it very closely.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #17
tractorboy
AF Regular

Jiffy lube changes your oil , from your car to another. I do my own oil changes. I had a fleet vehicle that I had to take to jiffy lube. The first time I took it in about a third of the way through the oil change the manager discovered it was a fleet vehicle,,,he ran across the bays yelling fleet vehicle....was i going to get extra special service ...i doubt it. infact the oil that they put in was dirtier than what came out everytime. I asked the manager and he said that's the way oil looks, black. I watched them do the oil change everytime, they filled the oil with the "gun" handle on a retractable hose, so this leads me to believe thay have a tank of used oil they fill certain cars / trucks with.

I could also take the van to Goodyear ( great tires ) for oil changes, till i found out how they drain the oil. They take the high tension lead off the distrbutor ( this was in the 80s) rase the lift take off the oil fiter and keep cranking the engine till no more oil comes out from where the oil filter was.

I am bussy now so I have a new job and a 2003 impala, so I started taking it to the Dealer, they would do the oil change for like $40 , must cost them all of $ 5 dollars. It would come back with low fluids, so I asked them to check the fluids...well to make a long story short. I end up checking everything when the car comes back because I do not trust them.....so guess who is doing the oil changes...ME, I TRUST ME. Another reason is they said I had an oil leak, when it would come back the coolant level would be low....When i started doing the work, filled the coolant and it has stayed that way, no oi leaks, oil level stays whereit should be.
tractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #18
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: A Day At Jiffy Lube

I NEVER let any of those hacks touch my vehicle, unless I am completely able to do the job myself.

My brother worked at Jiffy Lube for awhile, a few years ago. He's one of the good ones, but he has plenty of stories to tell about the bad ones.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #19
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Re: Re: A Day At Jiffy Lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan
I NEVER let any of those hacks touch my vehicle, unless I am completely able to do the job myself.

My brother worked at Jiffy Lube for awhile, a few years ago. He's one of the good ones, but he has plenty of stories to tell about the bad ones.
i've also seen them crash vehicles into the pits on occasion. supposedly by accident, right.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences