Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
3000GTRip
AF Newbie

I GOT MY First ticket and i am pissed

lolz

Last edited by 3000GTRip; 05-03-2010 at 09:49 PM.
3000GTRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
Technical_Automan
Banned

Re: I GOT MY First ticket and i am pissed

25 over probly cost you around 120-150 (at least in NY it would) if you plead not guilty and get it reduced to an 1110A (Failure to obey a traffic device). 2 points on you're license, and your insurance won't go up for a long time if at all because the system is slower than molasses. believe me I know, i've had upwards of 15 tickets.
Technical_Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

80 in a 55.... meh I'd go 70 and maybe a little higher but 80 is a bit much and I constantly speed.

This isn't to say my first ticket wasn't because I was careless or forgetful because I was.

My first ticket was a 'sound violation' and apparently the cops downtown don't take to well to loud subs rolling by, I just got it a couple weekends ago and it amounts up to $70.00

Police officers are dicks when they have to meet their quota
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #4
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
mike93vr4
AF Regular

80 in a 55 is nothing i got 125 in a 45 street racing. i had to go to class and had my car imponed for the weekend had to pay $1500 in the end o well 1 year with out my lic no big deal.
mike93vr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:19 AM   #6
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Re: I GOT MY First ticket and i am pissed

You're pissed? At who? You should be pissed at yourself. You got caught speeding thats it. It sucks but you got to own up. 25 over in PA would be close to a $200 ticket and like 4 or 6 points. I got a ticket back in August for 17 over. It would have been 4 points and $150 but I plead not guilty and was offered a plea bargain of 5 over, no points, and reduced fine to $115 so I graciously took it.

I am not saying I know you or how you are but from your post it seems like you may have came off a bit cocky too the cop. So it was 1am. So what you were still breaking the speed limit. I have gotten out of so many tickets or just got them reduced right on the spot because I am nice to the cops. I should probably not have a liscence right now for as many times as I have been pulled over. When I know I was in the wrong I am polite as long as the cop is polite. I have had 3 tickets that should have been 25 over, 30 over, and 15 over but the cop each time was like "You were polite, you pulled over as soon as I turned on my lights so I am gonna cut you a break. I am gonna give you Violating a posted sign. Theres no points and it $93"

The funnier part is when I am a dick to cops, like when I know there is no reason to have pulled me over(count 5 different times) I did not once get a ticket from them. I dont mean to sound like a preacher because even with as lucky as I have been I know something is gonna come crashing down one day but I still speed. Its an addiction.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:03 AM   #7
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Why get get pissed when you get caught doing something you know you shouldn't have been doing? If you can't handle the consequences, don't do the deed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
Technical_Automan
Banned

lol, really guys who doesnt get pissed when they get a ticket. But truth is, if you're speeding and you're the only one on the road then you're begging for a ticket. This is something you must learn if you don't want to get pulled over every 2 weeks like I did for a while. No you weren't in any way endangering anyone or yourself, but that's not what its about w/ traffic tickets (most of the time). It's all about the $$$$ baby!!! That's why when you LIE in court and plead not guilty, they reduce the charge so you'll pay a fine and the town gets to keep the money when you plead guilty. Above a certain amount, the town doesnt get the money. Bad system, but who's gonna change it.
Technical_Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:19 PM   #9
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GTRip
So if i plead not gluity i get off easier.
Not sure what the courts are like in your state. Ask Gateway (insurance guy on this forum) about how much your insurance rates will go up.

dude, we know your blowing off steam, and ya, we all get pissed when we get speeding tickets, but we're just being realistic about it. Actually, its pretty FUNNY that you are pissed b/c you got CAUGHT doing something you know you shouldn't have done. Being pissed right after is understandable, but for longer after the fact is just pointless, because 1) it doesn't solve anything except heal your pride, and 2) its pointless b/c you know you're in the wrong, so just buck up, take it like a man, and plead No Contest (nolo contendere). For all those other guys who like to 'work the system' by LIEING in court, have at it. But the fact remains, when we get caught speeding, we know we're guilty, so just be a MAN and take the punishment. You can plead guilty (fine, but not the smart road to take) or you can plead no contest (not saying you're guilty, and not saying you're innocent...basically you're not contesting the charges). And usually you'll have several options that you can take, a few of which will keep the ticket off your driving record, and then your insurance will never hear of it (at least here in TX we have those provisions).
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit

Last edited by Igovert500; 11-01-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:44 PM   #10
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

I edited some posts...It is a public car forum, keep it clean.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #11
Gateway
AF Enthusiast

speeding tickets can cause your insurance rate to go up next to nothing to a whole crapload. it all depends on your location, your age, etc etc. if you are a younger male, say hello to some higher premiums.
RPS Streetmax clutch
Rebuilt tranny
Free Boost Mod
Maximal Performance Solid Motor Mounts

Pictures and Videos of my car
Got a question about your auto insurance? I'm an insurance agent, ask away.
Gateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #12
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Is it the state that keeps records of your points or the insurance campanies?
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #13
3000-G_T_S_L
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 3000-G_T_S_L

Woo, speeding? I've had my fair share....umm, most recent....3 weekends ago, I was driving back to augusta GA, from atlanta. It was about 10:00pm at night, open interstate road, speed limit....70mph

I had my cruise control set on about 75mph, and this banana yello nissan altima went flying past my like it was nothing. I was like *&%^! how fast is he goin? So I caught up with him around 90mph, and he decided to go even faster....I turned off my neons to not attract so much attention and continued to keep up with him. Moving slightly ahead and slightly behind him, playing around....
somewhere around 135mph blue lights show up and I was like oh %$@! The altima instantly hit his breaks, and his bright red lights lit up the area as I just continued doin about 140mph to the next exit ramp....stopped at a nearby gas station for about 5 mins, and got back on the interstate only to "slowly" drive by the altima and the cop. hehe

stupid yes, but a rush non the less.....just don't plan on doing it again anytime soon..... Woo
3000-G_T_S_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:10 PM   #14
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000-G_T_S_L
Woo, speeding? I've had my fair share....umm, most recent....3 weekends ago, I was driving back to augusta GA, from atlanta. It was about 10:00pm at night, open interstate road, speed limit....70mph

I had my cruise control set on about 75mph, and this banana yello nissan altima went flying past my like it was nothing. I was like *&%^! how fast is he goin? So I caught up with him around 90mph, and he decided to go even faster....I turned off my neons to not attract so much attention and continued to keep up with him. Moving slightly ahead and slightly behind him, playing around....
somewhere around 135mph blue lights show up and I was like oh %$@! The altima instantly hit his breaks, and his bright red lights lit up the area as I just continued doin about 140mph to the next exit ramp....stopped at a nearby gas station for about 5 mins, and got back on the interstate only to "slowly" drive by the altima and the cop. hehe

stupid yes, but a rush non the less.....just don't plan on doing it again anytime soon..... Woo
Hey man, i know you're new to this forum, but most people on here read all the most recent threads. SO...there's no need to post the SAME EXACT THING in this thread as you did in the one titled "Stupid Pig, HAHA": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...=308592&page=3. Everyone will get around to reading it, don't worry.

oh, and i made the same mistake as that Altima did by breaking hard when i saw a cop. of course my brake lights came on, THEN he clocked me goin only 22 over (i WAS doing about 30 over). Ya, and the cop had only his parking lights on, sitting in the middle of the highway at the end of a construciton zone at 1:45am. sucks to my assmar!
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth