Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 11:05 PM   #1
kurtieboy
AF Newbie

Grey green metallic

Can't decide on a color. Can someone post pictures of their grey green metallic or Steel blue metallic car. Thanks
kurtieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 05:20 PM   #2
tigerirons
AF Regular

Refer to bmwusa.com to see pictures of the grey green and the steel blue metallic colors. If I had to choose, I'd pick the grey green because it's a new and very good looking color. I'm not sure about the grey green, but I know that after the steel blue picks up some dust on the paint, it looks very dull. Good luck.
tigerirons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 06:15 PM   #3
jinushaun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jinushaun
Ah yes... the color predicament

Sure, once you decide on the car and the options you're left with the most difficult decision of all... the color!!

I saw the gray green at a car show and I must admit, it looked nicer than I had expected. But my pictures didn't turn out very nice at all... so I don't have anything to post. As for whether I prefer it over steel blue...I'd take the steel gray (even though green is my absolute favorite color!) It just looks slicker.

True about the steel blue thing, they looks really dull once they get dusty. So be prepared to wash it on the regular.

OT: Am I the only one who spells it gray?

Jinushaun: Nation Leprechaun
jinushaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 06:29 PM   #4
tigerirons
AF Regular

Tomato/Tomatoe
Gray/Grey

Same thing...
Old 01-02-2002, 09:12 AM   #5
EdgarFan659
AF Regular

The bmwusa.com pictures don't really do any of the colors justice in my opinion. If you can't find anyone's posted pictures, try to get your hands on a 2002 3-series booklet (the ones from the dealership). Those have the color samples in there along with pictures that give you a better idea of what each one looks like. You also get all the interior trim and leather color pictures also.
EdgarFan659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 09:26 AM   #6
tigerirons
AF Regular

Edgar- I disagree...The 3 series booklet just gives you a little 2 inch by two inch square with the color...I really don't think that gives you an accurate representation of the the color really looks like. Even the BMW website doesn't do a great job of showing the color. Just go to the dealership and look at cars. Don't even trust the color of the cars in the showroom. Look at the cars with sun shining on them...that'll be your best look at the color.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:27 AM   #7
EdgarFan659
AF Regular

Yeah you're right. I found the paint samples only good when you had the right angle of light shining on them. The page after it with the small angled pictures of the front end of the 3's with each color was OK though (better than the bmwusa.com's).

I agree that nothing beats the real thing. You just don't get that awe of the nice metallic paint shine unless you're looking at one in real life.
EdgarFan659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 01:51 PM   #8
jinushaun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jinushaun
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerirons
Don't even trust the color of the cars in the showroom. Look at the cars with sun shining on them...that'll be your best look at the color.
This is so true. I swear, in the showroom, dealers can probably even make puke brown look good! You definitely have to see it outside under real light. When my mom bought her Lexus, the color we chose is so different from the color we got. (We looked at those booklets with the color samples). Interestingly enough, it was a metallic green: Mineral Green Opalescent.

Jinushaun: Nation Leprechaun
jinushaun is offline   Reply With Quote