Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
JVH_1008
AF Newbie

Need Some Input

hi, i'm just looking for some input, basically, i have an 89 camaro rs convertible, 305 tbi auto, loaded, posi, etc, and i'm looking at possibly trading it, the two cars i'm looking at trading for are a 79 corvette l-82, auto, loaded, stock, and a 78 camaro z28 with a 355, auto, aluminum heads, digital 6 ignition, nos, etc, 420hp, done right out, both very nice cars, i've attached pics of all 3, if it was you, which would you trade for, or would you keep the convertible?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0037ja7_20.jpeg (86.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg camaro.jpeg (65.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg vette.jpeg (66.2 KB, 3 views)
JVH_1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Need Some Input

I would say it depends on what you wanted to do with the car.
If you need a daily driver, keep the RS. It is obviously more reliable, comfortable and accomodating.

If you want a fun car..... imo only consider a change if you have an interest in 70's vintage machinery. The vette and Camaro are what I would consider 'special interest', that is, the cars simply must mean something to you, because, otherwise, you may not be too happy with them, simply because they probably will be a bit less comfortable to drive, and may have some expensive mechanical surprises hidden in them.

Of the two, I would consider the Corvette, only if it's never been crashed, is complete, stock, with no frame rust and excellent mechanical condition.

The old Camaro is a bit too cheesy, and may have been too stressed/abused by the mods, imho.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
JVH_1008
AF Newbie

Re: Need Some Input

thanks for the input, ya, the main reason i'm thinking about trading is the power, the rs is pretty lacking in that area with it's 170hp and 255tq, good off the line but then blah, amazingly nice car though, and the racing buckets look good but no so comfortable, i know the camaro convertibles are rare though, just not sure if i should keep it and go through all the extra to do an engine swap, just hate having a nice car like that but if i race a geo he's catching me half way through 2nd gear, just like f-body's and the old corvettes.
JVH_1008 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars