Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
glenn bayard
AF Newbie

330 Versus M3 Ride Quality

Pls advise if you have DRIVEN the M3(2001/2002) and 330coupe with Sport Pkg, and able to describe to me the difference in quality of ride (as in compliance/comfort). I have test driven the 330coupe with spt pkg and ride is decidedly firm, but OK for fair quality road conditions. Would love to order M3(and wait and wait for delivery) ONLY if ride comfort/feel over bumps etc is slightly harsher than 330. If M3 is significantly firmer then will buy 330. Actual owner's opinion would be extremely appreciated. Thank you very much.
Glenn
glenn bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 05:50 PM   #2
ultimatedriver7
AF Newbie

BMW M vs 330

Hey,

I have driven both and here is the rundown:

Speed: M is MUCH faster, but you already know that. We are talking Ferrari 355 speeds here. People say that the M in M3 stands for Much in addition to motorsport and I agree. MUCH BETTER

Handling: much better. The old M3 handles better than a Ferrari 355, and the new M3 handles better than the old M3. Go figure.

Noise: louder, significantly.

Interior: its a sports interior with the aluminum stuff everywhere. If you want wood you've got to go with the 330i. Get the nav system and you wont regret it.

Ride: decisively firmer but not neccesarily more punishing. I drove an M after I bought my 330 and decided to order one. However, if you live in an area with shitty roads this may tire quickly.

Tires: another thing to consider because in the M you are going to be wearing out the tires rather quickly, probably about once a year.

Style: you pick it.

Impression: the M3 is pound for pound the best car on the planet. Its all a matter of 1) can you afford it and 2) can you tolerate it as a daily driver.

The M3 kicks ass. I would get it and save money in the long run, unlike myself. If you like what the 330 drives like in comparison to the 325 then you will really love the M3. But one thing you must order is the SMG. I played with one a few weeks ago and its a fantastic setup. I would definately get it on an M if I were ordering. The SMG is a piece of equipment that makes the M3 a much more convenient car in stop and go traffic.

Hope this helps.
ultimatedriver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
EdgarFan659
AF Regular

I agree with Ultimatedriver. Dude, if you can afford the M3, then get it!!! You will turn heads everywhere you drive with that baby. I saw someone driving one while I was coming back from lunch about a month ago and it made my day.
EdgarFan659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #4
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
If ride comfort is your number one factor... get the 330. The M isn't for everyone. If you want the ultimate car get the M. If you have the cash and are looking for a little more comfort... may I suggest a M5.