Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #16
jcl27
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2.7 fuel injector problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma man.
well a K&N is sopposed to last a very long time, there is a formula made by k and n that you spray on the filter and it cleanes it. i was looking on thier web site and all thier air filters are, is thick cotton, then soaked in the red tinted formula that keeps dirt out of the engine, so that told me that they cant be no good. id just try me a purolator or fram filter, if its like my stock airbox they cost 11 or 12 bucks. then that way you could rule out whats happening

How would changing the oil have anything to do with the fuel
injectors clogging up?
jcl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #17
tacoma_dan
AF Newbie

Re: 2.7 fuel injector problems

today at 122,000 miles i changed the oil with the battery disconnected at the same time, the engine ran fine, i guess the problem is just with the computer, maybe an oil sensor that goes during the oil change causes the engine to fail. All i know is, battery disconnected while changing oil prevented the fuel injector problem
tacoma_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #18
Kelly Hudgens
AF Newbie

Re: 2.7 fuel injector problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma_dan
The problem is with the fuel injection on my 00' 2.7 prerunner tacoma. Everytime the oil is changed the fuel injectors clog up for some reason. i frequently use fuel injector cleaner in my tank as directed and it still happens. Ive heard this happens because the oil is too thick causing the engine to work harder, the oil i use isnt too think its just a little thicker than recommended, i bought the car through a dealer, it came from florida and i have no clue who the previous owner was to ask them. it has a k&n filter and a tornado, it runs great even with its 120k miles, its like new, except for when i change the oil and it starts to act up on me, white smoke from the muffler and gasoline literally pours from the muffler, i cant find new injectors anywhere, i ordered some once but had to return them because they didnt fit.

Does anyone know why the fuel injector acts up or how to fix it?
If you are servicing your K&N filter at the same time that you change oil you may be affecting your MAF sensor. If you over oil the K&N filter, that oil contaminated the MAF for a while, causing a rich condition. After the oil is blown away, the performance returns to normal. Check the MAF and make sure the "wire" is clean. If necessary spray it off with carb cleaner, and be more conservative using the oil on the K&N filter.
Kelly Hudgens is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma