Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Kingler5
AF Newbie

strange cluster warnings after battery/alternator trauma

Hey watsup, I've got a 92 Trooper SOHC, had a few issues with the alternator and battery ,discharging and low batt fluid etc causing alot of problems such as low voltage (turning on the headlights stalled the engine!!)

replaced both alternator and battery today, everything is fine and stable, except that the brake, fuel, and battery warning lights are on even though the fuel guage is indicating half full, the brake is definitely off and the brake master cylinder is full, also of note might be that the brake light glows a tad brighter when the handbrake is applied, as for the charging, as i said it seems to crank and run and drive fine, havent gone for a long distance but fine around the block, and as of today NEW alternator and battery.

My only guess can be when the voltage was going haywire, it overloaded the circuits, also i found these things that sound similar, anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance fellas, you are always here for us dummies!!!

http://www.autotalk.com/forums/38isu...does-7082.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080726225507AA39PZp

http://www.isuzone.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12560
Kingler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
boritz
AF Regular

Re: strange cluster warnings after battery/alternator trauma

Sounds like the classic Isuzu symptoms of a faulty alternator voltage regulator (integral part of the alt). It can do this even tho' it is charging the battery OK.
boritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
Kingler5
AF Newbie

Alternator is brand new as of yesterday, also blower motor doesn't work for HVAC. Seems to match exactly that woman's symptoms who had the 95 4wd Rodeo, someone replied to hers mentioning a notoriously bad plug design on the alternator connector...
Kingler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #4
boritz
AF Regular

Sad to say that many Isuzu-ites have reported faulty replacement alternators. There is a high probability that this is your problem.

I'm down in Oz so can't make a supplier/make recommendation.

If no-one chimes in here, do a search over on http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/
boritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
bamashooter
AF Newbie

What brand alternator did you purchase? Isuzus are notorious for eating alternators if they're not brand name OEM Isuzu,Hitachi, Napa or Bosch. A bad alternator in an Isuzu will display some crazy symptoms.
bamashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Zarkus
AF Newbie

I blew my power steering line, which in turn sprayed all over my alternator. All the lights on the dash came on and I knew the alternator was toast. The so-called "replacement part" was fatter than the original and I had to file down the floating washer to get it in. The "replacement" short power steering hose had a different thread on it and wouldn't connect to the lower long one, so I had to replace that as well!
Zarkus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard