Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Are you a BMW street racer ?
Yes, I am a BMW street racer. 42 50.00%
No, I am not a BMW street racer. 21 25.00%
I have a BMW and only enjoy watching street racing. 10 11.90%
I hate street racing. 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 11:56 PM   #31
Scooter086
AF Newbie

I'm getting my license in less then two months. I’ve always liked BMWs, and lookin at older ones I have decided I like the ’95 318is because it looks like a 2000, but is affordable. (I have saved up from previous jobs to buy my car.) I’m not one to race, but I was wondering, if someone starts crap with me at a red light, who do you think I could take on? I hate those kids my age with their modded civics, spending more money on mods then how much they spent on the car itself. Please tell me who I can take, and who I should just let show off, thanks.

-Future beemer owner
Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 AM   #32
Celsdogg
AF Regular

you could take most civics i would say, i think the e36 318i put out like 140hp or something (someone correct me if i am wrong).

you wont be able to take most 6 bangers, and the higher performance 4 bangers that come from the factory like the rsx, and such.

welcome to the wonderful world of being a bimmer owner! i hope u enjoy it as much as everyone here enjoys theres. . .
2008 Toyota Sienna LE

Retired:
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL
1991 BMW E30 325i
2001 Honda Odyssey EX
Old 07-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #33
Scooter086
AF Newbie

thanks, i think i'll love the bmw more once I drive it. my dad never liked beemers, but once he came and looked at one with me, i think it changed his mind. will post when i buy one.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:23 AM   #34
Celsdogg
AF Regular

nice turning a non-believer into a believer. enjoy ure new bimmer, and just a heads up:
beemer = BMW motorcycle
bimmer = BMW car

Cheers!
2008 Toyota Sienna LE

Retired:
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL
1991 BMW E30 325i
2001 Honda Odyssey EX
Old 07-20-2003, 01:24 PM   #35
beachbboy28
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to beachbboy28
Proud bmw owner

Id just like to say... me owning a bmw at age 17... its a 1992 bmw 325i fully paid for by MYSELF not my dads or anyone elses... lol the license plate even says "wrkd4it". I see lots of "ricers" running around thinking their tough shit... nah not in my book... any kid my age can own a civic integra or mitsubishi.. .but a bmw?... nah fat chance unless ur dad bought it for ya! anyways... the bmw is far superior to anything of that ricer world... the m3 is a great example the E36... 240hp get the e46 and e36 mixed alot... but e46.. pushin 340hp out of a 6!!! nothin comes close. anyways other night i dont strut my stuff either but some eclipse guessing gst... doubt it was a gsx.... pulled up to me at stop light.. ya i had to whoop his ass b/c he pulls up kinda tuanting the light u kno rolling back and forth.. so ya we took off... spun em in 2nd but i killed him. bmw is truely "the Ultimate driving machine" my next car in 2 or 3 years will be a M3 mark my words... and my car doesnt have any mods right now... i ordered a cold air intake soon to arrive... then gonna chip it. thats bout it. peace guys and girls drive smart... drive a bmw lol
Old 07-20-2003, 02:18 PM   #36
myfriendsrjealous
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to myfriendsrjealous
Yeah, I still am proud of my BMW. Although, I really hate it when people try to race me in crap cars. I mean, it's a nice race with another BMW like mine or a car worthy of racing, but I'm getting tired of constantly having to prove my point. Wait... No I'm not. I love doing it. What am I talking about. I love showing people whos boss on the roads. Today, two people tried to race me. This first person was a girl in a four door Acura Integra. I think it was an automatic, too. I was kinda mad because I just started my car up and the engine was still cold. But, even flooring it and shifting at 4k I was right there. Then, on the way home today some dumbass and his stupid Corsica/Cavalier/POS wanted to race. He had ugly chicks in the car, too. But the poor guy had to find some other way to mac, because I killed his car. I was in fourth when I looked back in my mirror, and he was way back there. He tried to catch back up, but I just put my foot down a little harder and he disappeared. The best part was, while at the stop light they were being dumb. I think one of them said good luck. Then when it turned green, the last I heard from them was a "Oh my god!" as I took off way ahead of them. Poor saps. Then one night I was driving and I raced this guy in a Cavalier with the 3.1 in it. My friend in the car with me was like, "Yeah, his car is pretty fast, so he might get you." And I'm friends with the guy in the Cavalier, so I was just like, "Well, whatever." The guy had a hot chick in the car, and we were turning left, so he and I both nailed it. Now, I have prettymuch bald tires in the back and it was rainy and slick out. I slid around the turn and then killed him. Flat out ruined his night. Then we hit another stop light, and we gunned it again. I just spun the tires in first, then shifted to second where they still spun, but then caught. And I still killed him. I was ahead of him while peeling out. So sad. So he took the hot chick to cook out to find some other way to mac. Man, I felt pretty bad for the guy. But I sure do love proving my point and strutting my stuff.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:12 PM   #37
beachbboy28
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to beachbboy28
lol hell ya

I dont like beating on my ride... but if somone thinks their tough sh*t ill put them in their place.... my friend at work (ex-con) dishwasher... one night he was like that car has no nuts! and kept doing this stupid ass "errr" noise to simulate a pussy burnout... at end of the night i was like u know what ill show ya somethin... walked out back got in the car... let it warm up alittle then pulled it up to 5 grand dumped the clutch..... cranked the wheel and man how that baby did donuts.. lol 2 or 3 if i remember right... last i saw from his mouth b4 i turned the corner was it was WIDE open and him just in awwwww. i love my car.... lol truely a upgrade from a camaro v6 tho she could do brake stands pretty good... bmw cant. but i love the bmw more b/c of its raw power and prestieg. post some more guys i love hearin this stuff... im working on super chargeing my car soon.

-Beachbboy28-
1992 bmw 325i
a.k.a "wrkd4it"
Old 07-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #38
myfriendsrjealous
AF Newbie

Yeah, most of the time while driving I take it pretty easy. Donuts are fun in my car, too. I don't really have to dump the clutch for my donuts. I just turn the wheel all the way to one direction while creeping in 1st, then I just sorta put my foot down steadily and it will lose grip quickly and start going hogwild. My friends always want to ride with me when I tell them I'm going to pull a donut. I usually only do them in the rain, too. It's easier and a little bit more fun. Driving around in the rain is a blast in my E30, because if I nail the gas at the apex of a turn, it will just slide the whole way. Provides some good scares for first timers, heheh. Everyone always asks me if I have mods on my car, because my exhaust is somewhat louder. But then I'm just like, "No... but the muffler does have a hole in it!" I like the sound of my car up against other people's cars. Civics and all of them will rev their wussy engines with their fart pipes and whale tails, and I'll pull up beside them and rev it and they don't rev theirs anymore. The handling in my car is so impressive, though. I raced my friend home on a winding road (he drives a '98 V6 'Stang) and he tries to pass me but I just knock it in third and nail it. He disappears behind me and then I totally lose him on the turns. He has to slow down to take them all, where as I just speed up even faster. Not a squeak from the tires! He comes up next to me on the highway on the last stretch to home, and I'm doing 80. He continues to speed up (I saw him downshift, I just left mine in 5th and put it down a little harder) and I killed him on the way to 110, but I stopped there. All my friends have to downshift when they want to speed up on the highway, especially my friend with the Civic. The other night on the way home was fun, though. It was 3 in the morning, and I just said to myself, "As long as I'm doing 80 on the on ramp, I might as well keep going." So I kicked it into 4th and went up to 100, which is only 4500 rpms and I still had a 1500 more to go. I decided to stop there though, since I saw another car. I'd rather not have to pay another 350 bucks for a lawyer again.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:22 AM   #39
Over the pond
AF Newbie

You bet your ass I am,at any oppotunity i will waste everthing in site i love taking on scoobies especially as this is the craze in the uk..

GET EM SMOKED
Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #40
myfriendsrjealous
AF Newbie

My new thing now is to stay right with them or just a little behind to make them think they are winning, then out of no where I'll blow right past them. It's hilarious!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #41
M52poweredE46
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to M52poweredE46
Evo im not calling you a liar but thats a little hard to believe you know.

With that kind of power in that tiny car ( i dont care how many subs you have) you should be in the high 13's low 14's at least.

We all need pics--engine pics

I happen to love turbo cars and own one so i kinda want you to prove it.
How much boost are you pushing?
Are you running stock internals?
what size is your turbo? brand?
what kind of ic do you have?
who did the work?

I seriously doubt your telling the truth.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:32 AM   #42
Bimmer-newbie
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bimmer-newbie
Looking for preformance parts!

I have just recently bought a 1995 BMW 318i, and I love it...I was wondering if anyone could help me find preformance parts for my bimmer. I am looking to get a cold air intake, and possibly a high flow CAT. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions where I can go to find parts, or if anyone has any suggestions on other fairly simple mods that I can do to my bimmer to increase my preformance. I love beatin up on those ricers, although there are still a few of them that can get close to me...it ticks me off, although I know that those guys have more money in their cars then I do with my factory bimmer but, it still makes me mad. My car is black and I am getting the windows tinted next weekend so after that I will look into getting a picture of it put on here so all you BMW lovers can see. I hope someone can help me out.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #43
Celsdogg
AF Regular

bmpd.com
bavauto.com

both have performance parts, and if you call them they can help you get the most from your bimmer. . .
2008 Toyota Sienna LE

Retired:
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL
1991 BMW E30 325i
2001 Honda Odyssey EX
Old 08-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #44
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX
I don't really like people that street race. They are putting themselves and everyone around them at risk.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #45
Bimmer-newbie
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bimmer-newbie
Street Racing

I am not normally a person that is big on street racing either. I have a bimmer and it seems like everyone and their grandma wants to race me just to see if they can beat me. I dont have the fastest car on the road I mean it is a 318i! I like it alot. When people pull up to me and want to race I normally give in if I think that it will either put them to shame or if I just want to see their car go. I normally know when I am going to win and when I am going to get my butt kicked. I would have to say that street racing is kind of one of those added pleasures to having a bimmer. It is just so fun to feel the power that a car like that can have. Maybe it is the male in me talking but, talk about fun. I will say that I dont normally race in populated areas but, I will in areas that I feel I can have fun and not endanger myself or anyone else.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series