Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Are you a BMW street racer ?
Yes, I am a BMW street racer. 42 50.00%
No, I am not a BMW street racer. 21 25.00%
I have a BMW and only enjoy watching street racing. 10 11.90%
I hate street racing. 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #16
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to evo2885
Are you a BMW street racer ?

I rather not say because I dont have a garage for my car so... Anybody can pretty much take my car just like that. But if you mean in general like north, south, east or west. I live in the northern part of Maryland.

And I'll try to post a pic of my car. I also have bad news though. I have to take out the M3 engine for personal reasons.

PEACE!!!!:smoker2: :grey: :sun: :bandit:
Old 04-26-2003, 02:21 PM   #17
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Hey!!!

I'd just like to thank everybody who voted on the poll and the people who are going to vote... THANX A LOT. BYE... And drive hard!!!

Old 06-01-2003, 08:00 PM   #18
fuuukaiai
AF Newbie

yessum

Old 06-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #19
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
evo

have i seen u around at m3forum.com at all?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:34 PM   #20
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

To BlOOe46

I don't think so. I'm not a member on that website.
And now I will be attending the VW Forum a little bit more because I'm starting a new project. A MK4 VW GTi.
So Good Bye to all the Bimmer Members...
I will miss all.
JK. Of course I'll be back!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 03:13 PM   #21
letsplayskatch
AF Newbie

Street racing? Why?Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're faster than they really are? It's not just Civic owners, it's people with Neons and Hyundais too. They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? It's old. You drive a shitty car, deal with it. Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle?

It's ironic that with all the money that these morons dump into modification, they could have saved up and bought a real sports car in a couple of years instead of pretending like they drive one now. It doesn't matter how big your fins are, it doesn't matter how cool your rims look, it doesn't matter how much noise your muffler makes. You still drive a shitty car. Period. End of story.

Now, I'm not old enough to drive, but im old enough to know when i see a jackass on the road trying to scream away from the lights.
There is no point what so ever in acting as though you owna sports car when you actually some shitty Nova or Ford Mk2.
if you want to race, go to a track. baring in mind you will be truly discrased by all the beemers and the like, but what the hey. So get a better car.
Trust me a car like my dads [1886 Black BMW E30 M3 with 272hp] takes one special machine to beat, seeing it can cover 1/4 mile in 11.6 secconds and weighs nothing. He picked it up for £3000 and since then its had engine mods all the way.
At just £3000 thats some car. It kicks the shit out of Porshes at the track, primarily because their owners are too afraid of taking the corners too quickly incase they crash. [Oh please]

Regards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bild-7.jpg (21.9 KB, 170 views)
Old 06-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #22
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

To letsplayskatch

So you mean ricers right ??? Anyway.
Do you have a list of Mods from your dad's car ???

PEACE!!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:58 AM   #23
letsplayskatch
AF Newbie

Im not sure of the Exact modifications, but i think they are somewhere in the region of:

Schrick cams, Valves and Pistons
Leda suspension [400mm between floor and car]
Standard exhaust and air cleaner
N/A tuning stage 1
Port Polish
Full engine balancing
Disp increase
Racing Chip [Superchip]
Incresed diameter inlet valves
Carbon Fibre airbox
Brembo brakes and pads
LSD
Tripple plate clutch and racing flywheel

Anyway, those are all the mods he is willing to tell me about because, quite frankly, he cant remember the entire list himself!
Regards.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #24
myfriendsrjealous
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to myfriendsrjealous
Quote:
Street racing? Why?Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're faster than they really are? It's not just Civic owners, it's people with Neons and Hyundais too. They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? It's old. You drive a shitty car, deal with it. Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle?
Maddox says it best, letsplaycatch! It is true how people are with their cars, they just add random crap thinking it goes faster (because you know those stickers add 20-30 hp if you put them on the window!). Anyway, every now and then, I'll strut my stuff in my BMW. It's an '88 325is, and it sure is a good first car! Get's me into trouble, but, that's what it's all about. People will pull up next to me and take off all fast, but they're all really gay cars, so I just say forget it. Although, yesterday I raced another one of me, except his was silver. Now that was fun! I backed off at 100 though, because I don't need another speeding ticket. As for street racing, I find it dumb because anybody can go fast in a straight line, its around the turns where it really counts!
Old 07-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #25
letsplayskatch
AF Newbie

Ahhhh, another Maddox fan i see?!

Maddox = Genius.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:06 PM   #26
Ringo
Banned

Maddox is a dumbass, he deserves an ass kicking. He doesn't know anything about cars, he doesn't even know what spoilers are for, he's an insecure prick, and I'm willing to wager that he's so bitter because his penis is only 2 inches long, now that is the best argument I've ever made.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #27
letsplayskatch
AF Newbie

really? i sure would like to see say that to maddox. sure, he can't physically hurt you, but verbally disgrace you.
He tells it like he is and im pretty sure he doesn't give a damn about what a spoiler is. Also, do you really think that half the people that dive supercars, know what most of the feasures on the car do in the firstplace? Not everybody knows about 'fins' or 'rims' or how they work, but everybody's entitled to his / her own opinion.

Regards.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #28
config
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to config Send a message via AIM to config
Re: Are you a BMW street racer ?

Quote:
Originally posted by evo2885
and a totally tuned Acura Integra which was the best race cuz I totally smoked the rice boys car as if there were no tomorrow!!!

Hah. Your still gay though

1996 Integra GS-R

• AEM Cold Air Intake
Old 07-05-2003, 02:10 PM   #29
Ringo
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by letsplayskatch
really? i sure would like to see say that to maddox. sure, he can't physically hurt you, but verbally disgrace you.
He tells it like he is and im pretty sure he doesn't give a damn about what a spoiler is.
Regards.
All he does is point out the obvious. I read his stuff and I'm like "no shit Sherlock"
Old 07-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #30
myfriendsrjealous
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to myfriendsrjealous
Maddox is a pretty funny guy, though. He does make some good points, and I don't blame him. I just hate the people who write hate mail to him. He obviously doesn't care what you say (good/bad) because he's on his own regime. Those hate mailers keep mailing and mailing. Some even threaten with a lawyer! His topics are reasonable, though. Some of his stuff I don't agree with, but I still find it hilarious the way he puts it. Because it really is so true! And nobody has to be an expert to say something about a topic he or she probably knows nothing about. And he even takes the careful time and effort to post with correct grammar and spelling of just about every word! I hate bad grammar/spelling! It drives me nuts! Anyway, that's pretty much all I have to say. Street racing is a blast, especially around the turns (where I always get everybody).
--Pete
P.S. By the way, Ringo, it's spelled "Shirlock."

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series