Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #76
Big Turtle
AF Newbie

Re: Program Toyota Master Key

IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME. The two step pedal process worked great. Cheap fix. Didn't want to give the dealer lots of money. Transponder key cost me something like $15.

Thanks for the information.
Big Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #77
stoner1
AF Newbie

Hi there does anyone have information on how to program a 2007 Toyota Camry can I do this form home?Also can one program a new FOB remote without the key being cut if so what steps to do this.
stoner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #78
neoleira
AF Newbie

Hi, could you please email me the pdf of the dealer manual on how to program a secondary master key? I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna w/ only one master key and need to add a second. I think it was Mysequoia03 that was doing the sending?

aobaehr@gmail.com

Thank you!
neoleira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #79
luke2185
AF Newbie

I have a 05' toyota sienna and need to program another key. would you please send the Pdf. file on how to program toyota keys? Thanks. My email address is lwj.bol@juno.com
luke2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #80
jampee4
AF Newbie

Hi, does anyone know if I can program my 2010 sequoia key and remote without a programming unit. If so please help
jampee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #81
srinivaskakarala
AF Newbie

Hi,

Can you please email me the pdf to program the key for 2008 Toyota Avalon.
Email: srinivaskakarala@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
srinivaskakarala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #82
tarago
AF Newbie

Mike,
Like I said from my previous posted, 2001/2002 Transponder key have difference chip from 2003 and 2004. Make sure you have correct part number.
I am willing to send you a PDF file from TOYOTA dealer manual that included everything you need to program your key. Please leave your email address

Mysequoia03

I purchased a new key from ebay for my 2005 Tarago (it has the lock/unlock in the key) I was able to program it to lock and unlock but cant get it to start the engine.
I've tried the pedal dancing but its not working
Can someone please help
tarago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #83
youngkia1
Authorized Kia Vendor

As far as i know the only way to program the key is with the scantool, i don't know if there new one can do it as of the moment. Toyota have it.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #84
thegaus
AF Newbie

PLEASE HELP!! I have a 99 land cruiser and lost my only chipped key. My car is sitting at a toyota dealership as i type. I have lost my key before and took it to a dealership where i had a friend in parts. He cut me a vallet key to open my doors then cut me a chipped key and programmed it. total time was about an hour. So now, this current dealership is telling me i need a new ecm in order for me to get my car started? I asked them why didn't i need a new ecm last time i lost my key and they said i dont know? I have a feeling they are trying to sell me something i dont need. So my question is do i really need a new ecm in order to get my car started or can they just program a chipped key like they did the first time and send me on my way?
thanks in advance!

if anybody can help please email me: gausman@hotmail.com
thegaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #85
miguelangelr
AF Newbie

Mike, please help.

I have a 2005 Sequoia Limited. I purchased the ebay blank transponder key for around $15. I followed the instructions that have been listed several times (shown below) but with out success. I did notice that my master key has a dot punched on top of the key shaft while the key blank does not have it. A lock smith told me that the dot signifies that the key has the transponder. I am not sure if that is true. I have also seen instructions that reflect the same procedure except that step #6 says to turn the key, but neither work. Would it be possible to send me .pdf with instructions for my vehicle. my email is miguelangelr@hotmail.com Thank you. Again below is the procedure that I found in this thread. Should I try it again. I am also concerned about trying it too many times (more than 4 times) before my CPU locks this feature off).

FOR 2002+
1.Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2.Insert master key into the ignition cylinder.
3.Cycle the ignition cylinder from ON to OFF 5 times.
4.Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5.Remove the master key and insert the new duplicate key.
6.DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON
7.The new key will be registered after 60 seconds.The THEFT light on the
dashboard will go out,indicating that programming has been completed.
"some 2002 will work using the 1998+ programming."
miguelangelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #86
miguelangelr
AF Newbie

I have a 05 Sequoia Limited. My wife misplaces the keys often. Is it possible to program more than 1 key for the truck? I have a cut key that will not start the truck. I heard that Toyota makes it much harder in 05. Can anyone send me the sequence for the keys and the remotes for future. Is it as hard as the dealer makes it out to be? Miguelangelr@hotmail.com.

Thanks Miguel
miguelangelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #87
ladude626
AF Newbie

I just bought a used 2006 Solara. I have the black master transponder key and just bought a blank transponder key of Ebay. Can someone email the instruction to program the key at khangnguyen84 at gmail dot com.
ladude626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #88
aeontexas
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 Sequoia and have follwoed the sequence above. When i remove the master key and insert the new key, the security light doesn't even come back on. after a minute or trwo, i have taken the new key out, reinserted and it has a security light on.

can you email the pdf to bob@aeoncrystal.com or let me know what i'm doing wrong.

thanks, bob
aeontexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #89
dcdoug
AF Newbie

I have a 2003 4Runner. I went into the dealer and after being told I needed to schedule an appointment to program an additional key (on another day) and it would take 1.5 hours, I took the part numbers for the keys and left.

Since finding this thread, I have ordered an additional master key and had it cut. I have tried both the 1998-2002 and 2002+ programming methods mentioned above and neither seem to work after multiple attempts. The theft light on the LCD panel above the climate control just keeps blinking.

Suggestions?
dcdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #90
chriszeh
AF Newbie

I am looking for the instructions for a 2007 Camry. Help would be greatly appreciated. It can be emailed to christoszeh@gmail.com.
chriszeh is offline   Reply With Quote