Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
1992RamVan
AF Newbie

Power locks will lock but not unlock

My son has a 2009 Jeep Liberty. The fuse for the power door locks failed and when he replaced it, it sparked, blew and melted some of the plastic around the "slots".

I checked the voltage on the fuse block and found it at 12.47. I put a wire jumper across the fuse receptacle terminals and it did not heat up, then, using either of the front door lock buttons or the key fob, all locks will lock but they will not unlock.

I rigged up way to put a fuse in the melted slot..... 7.5 blew but 15 did not. He bought a new module... $500 but I'm very reluctant to put it in until I find out what blew the fuse.

I have a service manual with wiring diagrams and I tried to put 12 volts on both the unlock and lock wires to the drives/motors at the connector at the Integrated Power Module to see if I could get it to work but nothing.. no lock or unlock.

It's a "reversing" motor so I suspect that supplying 12 volts doesn't work because I also have to switch the ground.

Any thoughts on how I can test the motors or get the unlock function working?
1992RamVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
Scotty89
AF Regular

Re: Power locks will lock but not unlock

You might try jumping the locks at the drivers switch itself, and could try disconnecting the battery and measuring resistance from the power wire to ground. The reading should show really high resistance if any if good. I have seen several vehicle that the wires in the drivers door jam will break and depending on where they break and how many does it could be possible that the power wire broke and grounded out and after opening and closing the door could of separated the wire from ground. When I get a vehicle that the door locks and windows doesn't work thats the first place I look.
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty