Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > General Issues
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Issues General legal automotive problem discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Lawsuit against Honda over fuel economy

You may have heard of this. A lady in Los Angeles is suing over the inability for her 2006 Civic to achieve the fuel economy stated in the EPA sticker, as promoted by Honda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ectations.html

Of course, we all know that these EPA figures are for comparative purposes only and don't actually promise the mileage you will actually get. This caveat is placed on the actual window sticker and in many advertisements. So personally, I do not think the plaintiff has been misled in any way.

She also claims she did not know using the AC will decrease fuel economy.

It's an interesting case because obviously if she wins, all manufacturers will be deluged by similar suits.

Personally I think this lady is making a big fuss in the hope that Honda might settle out of court and give her a substantial payment just to hush her up. But I think Honda would be very foolish to do so. Here's her site:

http://www.wix.com/civichybrid/dontsettle
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote