Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Revoked 7/18/06
AF Newbie

2003 Frontier worth it?

i was looking to purchase a Tacoma but they sell too quickly and can't ever find exactly what i want for a decent price. Frontiers seem to be easier to find how I'd like, but is the SC V6 comparable to the 3.4 V6 tacoma .. i mean can u upgrade the SC or add something to it for better airflow and more hp without spending much? ..new to trucks, last car was an integra gs-r

thanks
Revoked 7/18/06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
jkeaton224
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Frontier worth it?

I have an 04 crew cab long bed. The truck looks great, but is somewhat lacking in the engine department. (non-SC) I have heard the SC is not much better but gets even worse mileage that the normally aspirated and requires premium gas. Mine averages about 17 on trips, which pretty much sucks for a "mid-size truck" with a v-6. I wish I had waited for the 05's to come out. If I were you and I was me then, I would get one later than 04 because the new motors are much more powerful than the old 3.3. These pre-05 models look killer, but don't have the punch to back the looks up. Very capable off-road though.
jkeaton224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Avoitus
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Frontier worth it?

I prefer Nissans over Toyotas and I own a 1998 Frontier. I have found that finding performance parts or regular parts is generally easier if you have a Frontier. I think you would be better off if you got the Frontier.
Avoitus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara