Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
ossirisus_ef9
AF Newbie

Question EF9 lighting problem

Ok, I have been trying to get help on this one. I just installed an EF9 on my 91 Si. I know I have the right kind of bulbs (702k), but Im still trying to figure out the wiring part. As of right now, I have to drive with the high beams because the low ones are to dim. The high ones look more like the low ones. Is this normal????
Also how can I adjust the headlights, since they are not even. Somebody told me that they had a screw on them (kind of like the USDM headlights), but I cannot seem to find one.
Please I need some help!!!
you can email me at ossirisus@hotmail.com
ossirisus_ef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 08:33 AM   #2
EF6_CR-X
AF Enthusiast

There should be two small cogs, (with a slot in them for a philips screwdriver), they will be there, (you insert the screwdriver into the top of the slot, and the screwdriver turns the cog)
They are located on the back of the unit.

The JDM EF 90-91 headlights use similar alignment adjusters as the EG civic. Where the whole unit does not move when it is adjusted (the reflector moves inside the assembly).

If you are still having trouble, and also need help with the wiring, go to this site http://tjshondas.20m.com/ he has done the EF 90-91 front end swap, he also lists his email address, so hopefully he should be able to help you get this sorted soon.

Best of luck

Chris
EF6_CR-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
EF6_CR-X
AF Enthusiast

Ok I FINALLY found a picture of what I am trying to describe.

You will see two of these things (in the yellow circle) on the back of the light. They will be located diagonally across from each other.
Insert the philips screwdriver into the hole in the top (where red arrow is pointing) and turn the screwdriver normally. If you look closely at what you are doing, you will see the cog turning.

One is for Horizontal the other is for Vertical. (I don't know which is which) but you will soon work that out.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
ossirisus_ef9
AF Newbie

ok ok

Ok, I'm going to try that . Hey you have been giving a lot of information, thanks for all the help ...I will tell you what the outcome of it. So far it has been a pain in the a..

..Hey do you have pics or your ride??
Old 05-13-2002, 11:16 AM   #5
ossirisus_ef9
AF Newbie

part 1

Hey, I did what you told me and they worked fine, I was able to adjust them so now they are even. I wired them how you told me, but the lights dont look so bright, they are dim. Is this normal for this setup?? Or something is wrong on the connection??
Let me know
Thanks
Old 05-16-2002, 06:38 AM   #6
EF6_CR-X
AF Enthusiast

Cool, good to hear you got them aimed properly.

To be totally honest I would say that the JDM plastic headlight units are not at all as bright when compared to the Glass ones. Although it does surprise me that you are having problems with the brightness of the lights with the POLARG bulbs.
The glass ones cast a much clearer beam. So I'd say you probabaly have it the best that it can be. But other than that i'm sure your car looks way better than before with the new front end.

My CRX was made in mid 1989 so it missed out on the facelift which occured in September 1989, but when they did that, they also stopped making them in that colour.
Heres a pic of my car
(unfortunately it was very windy up there, and the camera strap came infront of the lens, I'll have to take that pic again some day)

and another

Can you post a pic of how your front end conversion looks now..
Cheers
Old 05-16-2002, 11:02 AM   #7
ossirisus_ef9
AF Newbie

Talking True that

Yeah I have to admit that the front end made a huge difference on the look of the car. Well as far as I know I think I still dont have the wiring part correctly and that might be why the are so dim. But hopefully I can get that fixed. As soon as I get home i'll try to post some pictures, even though I have no idea how it works, but ill figure it out. You ride is pretty clean....
Old 05-17-2002, 09:20 AM   #8
ossirisus_ef9
AF Newbie

Hey

Hey, I finally figure it out..I post a link on the 4g forum so go check it out...
late.