Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 11:36 AM   #1
tigerirons
AF Regular

Interior w/wo GPS

My 2002 330i is still quite young now, but I really appreciate the interior with the GPS Nav screen versus the interior panel without the GPS. I find that the radio is much too long and (at least to me) makes the car just seem uglier. Also, with the GPS in dash, the buttons for the radio are on the left side, stacked 2x3, instead of the 6 long. GPS just makes the interior look much more hi-tech and also clustered better. Lemme know what you think.
tigerirons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:53 AM   #2
bwaters
AF Newbie

I agree

I'm actually taking European Delivery of a 3 this week, and I too ordered the GPS. I couldn't agree with you more about the GPS adding something to the car! How do you like the new screen setup? Are there any cool features that I should know about? Thanks!
bwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 12:15 PM   #3
tigerirons
AF Regular

Hellz yeah- there are tons of more features. First, obviously the size of the nav screen has changed. It is seven inches now!!! Size does matter. Since the screen is bigger, BMW has installed a split screen feature, which allows you to have a map on the left side of the screen, and written directions on the right. Also, you can have written directions on the left, and the car's stats (MPG, Avg MPH...) on the right side. It all takes about an hour to learn well.
tigerirons is offline   Reply With Quote