Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
DogZy
AF Newbie

Greetings from a new member!

As said in the title above, I am greeting everyone here at AF!
My name is Domagoj, and my nickname on many forums is DogZy. I come from the main capital of Croatia, Zagreb. Don't know if there is any other registered member of AF from Croatia also, must explore hehe.

About why I registered:
The main reason is because I wanted to look for all McLaren F1 factory colours, in order to fill in missing spots in my steadily growing registry of various automobiles I like - on my laptop. Then I visited thread dedicated only and specifically for McLaren F1. It instantly got bookmarked, as I noticed enthusisiasts and experts talking in details about every single little thing about McLaren F1, in particular.

Something about me:
I am a big petrolhead, car-nut, gearhead, whatever you call it in your country Ever since my early childhood days I was interested in nothing else but cars... I was told by my friends I am a walking car encyclopedia. Well, to them, regular folks maybe I am, but I am pretty sure there is huge unexplored space ahead of me, filled with cars and everything about them. I am a student of mechanical engineering, first year (freshman on english?) and I want to pursue a career in automotive industry. As my university has Formula student race cars and it participates almost every year in contests and championships throughout the Europe, my desire is to engage in that. Due to lack of time (mechanical engineering student here!! ), I am not sure how and what championships will I follow and watch this year. I am a keen Formula 1 follower and regular LM 24h watcher. Also, I like to watch BTCC, DTM, WRC and Blancpain series - when I can.
Ooh, almost forgot it; I am fascinated by 50s & 60s era of automobiles, primarily because of design. I am a Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati lover. And I admire all of the designers and coachbuilders of that time.

There is much more I'd like to add, but I think it is enough for a first post here. There will be opportunities and occasions when I will tell something more about me, so you can know me better! And vice-versa, I hope so.
The forum is super big, many people around here, a ton of posts, threads, so much of them I need about a month to explore every corner of it

And yeah, I hope I didn't created topic in a wrong place. Eventhough I am an experienced forum member, there is always that first time.

Thanks for reading, see You some time somewhere in AF!

You are aiming for just one sweet spot in the corner. It's the point where centrifugal and cornering forces reach their equilibrium, where they are all at once replaced with acceleration. APEX - The invisible vertex of a corner, a place where the fastest lap times are recorded.
DogZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Pete56
AF Newbie

Re: Greetings from a new member!

Welcome Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about vehicles. Enjoy
Pete56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
DogZy
AF Newbie

Re: Greetings from a new member!

Thanks Pete56, seems you are new one here also, so enjoy your stay (:

You are aiming for just one sweet spot in the corner. It's the point where centrifugal and cornering forces reach their equilibrium, where they are all at once replaced with acceleration. APEX - The invisible vertex of a corner, a place where the fastest lap times are recorded.
DogZy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not