Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 5 | Premacy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Mazda 5 tire question ?

My daughter has a 2009 Mazda 5 with 205/50/17 tires . She is in dire need of new tires which she can't afford at the moment . I found some used tires in the 215/50/17 size range and I am wondering if they will fit ? I know they are the proper rim size ( 17 " ) and will fit in that respect . My question is about properly fitting the stock alloy wheel width and also whether the larger size will cause a problem with rubbing , etc . ? These tires would be used as a short term solution to her problem and would be replaced soon with the proper size tires . Can anyone answer the question with a degree of certainty ?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Mx5guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mx5guy Send a message via Yahoo to Mx5guy
Re: Mazda 5 tire question ?

Yes you can, no problem the car will look even better this tires are a tiny bit fatter I have done this all the time with my Miatas and you are only talking one tire dimension up, no big deal I have gone from tire 195 to 215 and even 225 no problems. Good luck buddy go for them. Blessings! :-)
Mx5guy is offline   Reply With Quote