Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
loonyrobert3
AF Newbie

might purchase 96-98 rr but wat are maintenance cost and issues they got ????

might purchase 96-98 rr but wat are maintenance cost and issues they got ???? and the cost if i can have an estimate and the problems they got any quick fixes ??? also any other rr sites????

thanks
big rob
loonyrobert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #2
moveruk
AF Newbie

I have a 95 RR. Parts here in the Boston area are really hard to get. Mine has been off the road for over 3 weeks waiting for an ECU unit to be sent from the UK. No sign of it yet, I'm told another 3 weeks!
moveruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
Cbass94
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Cbass94
Re: might purchase 96-98 rr but wat are maintenance cost and issues they got ????

Yes, parts are pretty hard to get, but there are ways to do it. As for an ECU, try junkyards, they usually have them and they usually will fit. OUr D90 had to have a new ECU and we got one from a junkyard, works great now.

The maintenance costs mostly depend on how you drive the truck, if you do all off road, you are bound to break more stuff, if you drive on road all the time, you are liable to break less.

The dealer is a joke if you are out of warranty (as with most cars), but Land Rovers are so simple compared to other cars, that a lot of the work can be donw DIY. PM me if you want to know a great place to get LR parts for cheap.
-Brad
Cbass94 is offline   Reply With Quote