Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
ppetracca
AF Newbie

X3 Programming

Hi, I recently purchased a CPO '04 X3 (with Prem. pkg, auto trans, Xenon lights, prem. sound, and nav sys.). I took it to the dealer and asked if I could have it programmed to make a noise when the doors lock. He said I couldn't because I don't have an alarm system. So, the X3's don't come with an alarm??? It has the red light under the rear-view mirror, doesn't that mean it has an alarm? Also, isn't it possible to program it to make an sound to acknowledge the door locks (like it says in the X3 manual)? Or is that only possible if I have an alarm?

P.S. Is there some information somewhere where I can find the standard and optional features for my car?

Thanks!
ppetracca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
Triz
AF Newbie

Re: X3 Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppetracca
Hi, I recently purchased a CPO '04 X3 (with Prem. pkg, auto trans, Xenon lights, prem. sound, and nav sys.). I took it to the dealer and asked if I could have it programmed to make a noise when the doors lock. He said I couldn't because I don't have an alarm system. So, the X3's don't come with an alarm??? It has the red light under the rear-view mirror, doesn't that mean it has an alarm? Also, isn't it possible to program it to make an sound to acknowledge the door locks (like it says in the X3 manual)? Or is that only possible if I have an alarm?

P.S. Is there some information somewhere where I can find the standard and optional features for my car?

Thanks!
Hello ppetracca:

I have a 2004 X3 also and when I was making the purchase told the sales agent that I wanted my lights to blink and hor sound when car was locked/unlocked. (Saw it in the manual). He asked the tech and then called BMW NA. It couldn't be done in 2004, unless you had the alarm. The clown nose (red light) under the rear view mirror is not an indication that you have alarm.

Now, the option is there to have the head lights blink when lock/unlock. The software was written recently. Additionally, you can also have the clown nose blink when car is locked. All in the Key programming.

Hope this helps.
Triz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X3