Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Yamahapower
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Yamahapower
Exclamation My car got stolen, then recovered but guy still has my key

So my car got stolen couple of weeks ago. I was staying at my girlfriends. She lives on whats called the American Rivera. Apparently people here dont feel they need to lock anything, all home doors and car doors are open and the garage is open. My car was the one car that was locked however I had a spare key hanging up inside the house. There was a brand new truck and also a newer bmw 5 series, not to mention the 4 ducatis in the garage all with keys either in the ignition or on the dash so we still cant figure out why he went to the trouble of comng in the house and grabbing my keys. Anyway, dude came in the house while we were asleep and drunk as hell, grabbed my keys and took my car. It was found 3 days later on the other side of town. He had hit something. Front 1/4 panel and headlight was smashed. Didnt look too bad but it was $4300 of damage that my insurence covered. Anyway, dude still has my other keys. I would like to just replace the door lock and be done with it. Any suggestions? Where should i get this? Local? Internet? I can have work done at the dealership i work at....btw its a 2000 Infiniti i30t
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
ricebike
AF Enthusiast

Re: My car got stolen, then recovered but guy still has my key

well you have connections... why post this in the first place

to be safe change your keys and lock cylinders

or ask the perpetrator for the keys back

<shrugs>
ricebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: My car got stolen, then recovered but guy still has my key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahapower View Post
S... dude came in the house while we were asleep and drunk as hell, grabbed my keys and took my car. ... I would like to just replace the door lock and be done with it. Any suggestions? Where should i get this? Local? Internet? I can have work done at the dealership i work at....btw its a 2000 Infiniti i30t
Leave the locks as they are. Instead buy a decent alarm system; for the house & car ... alas wont hlp if u wont stop drinkin...

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
key , keys , lock , stolen
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35