Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:19 AM   #1
EL Z06
Banned

i have a few questions to the murcielago owners

HI there

I am new to the whole murc world. I know just about everything there is to know about diablos but little about murcielagos. I am trying to look everywhere for info on the options in the murcielago but couldnt find anything, not even in lambocars.com. I think its extremely important for people to atleast have the option list so we can see what there is to get and what needs to be customized. I called up a friend who is in good terms with a lambo dealership and has got me a good price (or so he says) on a murcielago. $202,000 for a pearl yellw one with black interior, yellow stitching or yellow piping since both are available. Is this a good deal for it? he says that these do not come with the camera option. My friend's GT has camera so he can see the rear view easily, it this the same for the murcielago? is it as clear? Only thing i am worried about is the speed bump infront of our house's driveway. Do all murcielagos have a hydraulic suspension which lifts it when driving at slow speeds? i heard something about this but again no one talks about the toys in the car. Everyone is too focused on how it handles compared to a pagani zonda. I know this may be a stupid question, but if you have driven a porsche 996 turbo, how does it compare to the murcielago? Thanx in advance.

Suggestion to lambocars.com: you guys should include the option list of the murcielago and put the names of the murcielago tuners.

Is there another lambo message board out there by the way?
EL Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
aehaas
AF Newbie

Re: i have a few questions to the murcielago owners

Welcome EL,

Go also to http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/cgi-...rum/discus.cgi

There are only a few options on the Murcie. That is the 3-color layer paint, GPS in dash and 2-tone interior color. Those are the factory options. As of the 2004 models there is also an E-gear option.

Visability is faily good, better than many. Read others impressions. You could not pry me away from my (wife's) Murcie with the Jaws of Life.

ali
aehaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
To start, that sounds like a good price. But i really have no basis for comparison except for what Tony said he paid. The camera thats on the Diablo GT is standard equipment, not extra. And no Murci comes with a camera that I'm aware of. But you can always get it aftermarket.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:59 AM   #4
Sean
AF Enthusiast

If I could afford one, I probably would get a camera.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
EL Z06
Banned

Re: Re: i have a few questions to the murcielago owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehaas
Welcome EL,

Go also to http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/cgi-...rum/discus.cgi

There are only a few options on the Murcie. That is the 3-color layer paint, GPS in dash and 2-tone interior color. Those are the factory options. As of the 2004 models there is also an E-gear option.

Visability is faily good, better than many. Read others impressions. You could not pry me away from my (wife's) Murcie with the Jaws of Life.

ali
Thank you very much with all the help. I am glad there is another lambo message board. I have no idea why lambochat no longer works and this section was the only reason why i decided to join AF. Too many forums are not necessarily a good thing
the 3 layer paint are the metallic ones correct? Are the two tonne color already available through lambo or does that need be be ordered? I have a problem with lambo talk. i registered but even though i am logged in, it wont let me post.
EL Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:46 PM   #6
Porsche996Turbo
AF Newbie

My dad has a Porsche Turbo and he lets me drive it all the time and I love it, it is such a great car, you made a great choice. I have never driven a Murci, so I can't help you on that part, but there is this one guy that had a 996TTX50, and was thinking about getting a murci (at the end, he got a yellow one). Here is a link to his views on both cars. http://www.flat-6.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5576
Hope this helps,
Ryan
Porsche996Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #7
aehaas
AF Newbie

The three layer is the metallic paint. There are a host of single and dual color combonations that a Lambo dealer can show you. They can also do custom colors at additional cost.

aehaas
aehaas is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)