Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #31
thowell
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to thowell
Re: EveryOne with Transmission problems... A Chrysler Secret...! Read This...!

Check your relays on the fire wall as well as the pass. side inner fender I changed mine and what the hell do do you know it worked SO FAR only time will tell
T

ADDED that works better but still have problems

after codes read they tell me that the tcm and the ecm are not connected so i can not get a reading of codes but it still works proper sometimes HELLLLLLLLLP

Last edited by thowell; 09-06-2006 at 10:16 PM.
thowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #32
Fast927
AF Newbie

Why will not someone answer the simple question...
Where is the splice and ground strap?!?!?!?
I have a 1997 Grand Voyager.
Was travelling at 60 MPH when it shifted into neutral. Been in limp mode ever since. I would love to be able to check these things before paying big bucks for a new grounding strap.
Fast927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #33
wafrederick
Banned

Another thing is with the spider gear pin breaking and will ruin the case.This is also a common problem too.If you have the transmission out,pull the cover for diff and weld the ends of the spider gear pin to the housing and not the spider gears.
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #34
RIP
AF -Advisor

Fast927 - Post a new thread and ask the question. Many more will see it. Also check Chryslerminivan.net

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #35
96junkercaravan
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: EveryOne with Transmission problems... A Chrysler Secret...! Read This...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZFrank
You know i wrote chrysler a letter telling them about the problems on our 97 voyager the transmission was slipping and asked them if there was any thing they can do to help beeing that so many people where having problems with trannys and they said there was nothing they could do. You know i will never buy another chrysler vehicle. We should all write to chrysler cause one person cant do it alone so if you all get together and pass the word i would appreciate it lets all do something here maybe some of you with newer vehicles might get something back even half of what you spend on a tranny would be nice. good luck FrankC
ITS HIGH TIME CHRYSLER CORP. IS HELD RESPONSABLE!!

I too find myself among the many Thousands of consumers shafted by Chryslers poorly designed transmissions and the external componants used in their Mini Vans.
We purchased a 1996 in 1997 with 24K miles. At 51K with no warning the tranny died! Since the first time the tranny blew up the van now has 108K miles and has been Replaced or Repaired 4 (Four) MORE TIMES!!!!

I also wrote Chrysler Corp. a stern letter informing them about the constant (and well documented) problems with our 1996 Grand Caravans transmission issues and my empty wallet. Did they show any concern???? NO!!! They could care less.
I believe a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT should be filed against them. Chrysler has known about this problem from the beginning and has done little to rectify it. They have also shown no care or concern for the public safety of people driving their van when it dies with no warning

on highways, intersections etc. Think of all the consumers who have lost money that most of us don’t have to throw away, on their negligence to rectify a well known crap%#y product.

If anyone out there has the resources, contacts or avaiable information to explore the possibility of filing a Class Action Suit against them, I myself would give a 110% in fighting this justifiable cause !!

96junkercaravan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 96junkercaravan For This Useful Post:
EZFrank (09-24-2014)
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #36
mustangiifrk
AF Newbie

hello, i am having the same problem!!! simply put i bought this 93 concorde w/ 187k, did a simple tune up and worked great. so i decided with all these miles its a good idea to do a fluid change. well i changed it w. the dextron mercon...bad idea PROBLEMS EVER SINCE. as soon as i put it into gear she didnt respond acted like it was coughing, slipping and studdering...so i read on the allpar.com site about using the 7176 (atf4 fluid) and did a flush immediately...SAME PROBLEM..limp mode!!! arrgh. shops tell me its full rebuild time and i refuse to believe that. changed the input/output sensors same problem..bought a solenoid pack and looks to be like on my 93 the pack is integrated...theres a connector but it goes right into the case..no bolts.

about the 'splicing' problem guys, i found the ground strap...its on the starter...starter bolts on driver side to tranny..starter shares ground strap w. tranny...hope this helps..for the splice..i think it mite be some bs, i found the red wires, just look on the tcm and pcm connectors its about a 20 gauge red wire. and i have a funny feeling it fools the pcm/tcm out of limp mode...wary to try though..i can drive now afraid if i connect them together ill be going 0mph also i get code 21 on the cel (check engine light), says its an 02 oxygen sensor issue..CAN AN O2 ISSUE MAKE LIMP MODE OCCUR?? PLEASE RESPOND BACK. best regards guys w. our limp mode issues
mustangiifrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #37
mustangiifrk
AF Newbie

so i put in the 02 sensor w. no prevail...i got mad and starting driving like a 16 year old with it and got it to bump shift and get in and out of limp mode...torque converter shakes and studders..im guessing (and hoping) the tcm needs to be reflashed. i read on a few sites including allpar you need to reflash or reprogram the tcm after a fluid change..stealership says $95, thats my next investment...and i found a really good site for more struggling with the damn limp mode...http://www.robskorner.org/faqs/Trans/A604codes.html very helpful..and http://www.diyforums.net/forums/cars...an-shakes.html

if anyone knows if flashing the tcm helps before i waste a benjamin let me know...regards -mustangiifrk
Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #38
triplethreattt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96junkercaravan
ITS HIGH TIME CHRYSLER CORP. IS HELD RESPONSABLE!!

I too find myself among the many Thousands of consumers shafted by Chryslers poorly designed transmissions and the external componants used in their Mini Vans.
We purchased a 1996 in 1997 with 24K miles. At 51K with no warning the tranny died! Since the first time the tranny blew up the van now has 108K miles and has been Replaced or Repaired 4 (Four) MORE TIMES!!!!

I also wrote Chrysler Corp. a stern letter informing them about the constant (and well documented) problems with our 1996 Grand Caravans transmission issues and my empty wallet. Did they show any concern???? NO!!! They could care less.
I believe a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT should be filed against them. Chrysler has known about this problem from the beginning and has done little to rectify it. They have also shown no care or concern for the public safety of people driving their van when it dies with no warning

on highways, intersections etc. Think of all the consumers who have lost money that most of us don’t have to throw away, on their negligence to rectify a well known crap%#y product.

If anyone out there has the resources, contacts or avaiable information to explore the possibility of filing a Class Action Suit against them, I myself would give a 110% in fighting this justifiable cause !!

you speak with your dollars. Don't buy another Chrysler product, and get rid of the one you have, unless you ensure that you purchase ONLY aftermarket parts, and don't buy anything from the dealer themselves.

I have purchased my last Chrysler product, and told them so after back to back deductible payments on my drivetrain warranty on a 2005 Gr. Caravan that blew a head gasket, then the water pump!

I called Chrysler corporation and asked them to refund me one of the 2 deductibles, and I read to them every transcript of every conversation I had with the stealership.

I told them "for $100, you are willing to lose my business forever?". He stated that Chrysler cannot get involved with dealer disputes. I informed him of his crappy product that sent me there in the first place (38,000 miles...blown head gasket).

*Gone, but still in the family*
98 Gr. Voyager 200,000 miles (the last 100K thanks to these forums)

May she R.I.P.
***89 Mazda 929 180,612 miles***
triplethreattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #39
mustangiifrk
AF Newbie

well guys im back sorry to disappoint but ive sold the concorde for $200..front end damage, wheel bearing and damn limp mode issue..88k on the dash as well...a steal just for the motor its worth more than that. luckily im a huge mopar fan so i found a 95 neon ill be working on...to everyone suffering with the acursed limp mode, best of luck
Old 04-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #40
sdj38544
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast927
Why will not someone answer the simple question...
Where is the splice and ground strap?!?!?!?
I have a 1997 Grand Voyager.
Was travelling at 60 MPH when it shifted into neutral. Been in limp mode ever since. I would love to be able to check these things before paying big bucks for a new grounding strap.
On the 3.3 the ground strap if you are under the hood is right in front of where the passanger sets and goes behind the alternator. On the 4 cyl it is connected to the valve cover. Buy a 24 inch battery cable and a 40 inch cable both with open ends for putting on bolts. Put the 24 on battery bolt then under the breather there is a ground point on the engine put the other end of 24 and one end of the 40. Put the other end of the 40 on firewall where the main ground strap is. The 3 red wires is really 1 red flow through with another red kind of glued to it. This is located in the main wiring harness comming from the trans. Get under the car follow the wires from the connectors cut open loom and follow about 14 to 16 inches into the loom.This will probably not be your problem (red wires) the main issues are regrounding the engine and firewall and the connectors at the solenoid on the transmission.
sdj38544 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdj38544 For This Useful Post:
ricebike (03-01-2012)
Old 04-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #41
comp
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangiifrk
well guys im back sorry to disappoint but ive sold the concorde for $200..front end damage, wheel bearing and damn limp mode issue..88k on the dash as well...a steal just for the motor its worth more than that. luckily im a huge mopar fan so i found a 95 neon ill be working on...to everyone suffering with the acursed limp mode, best of luck
what all are you going to do ??
comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #42
Vorski
AF Newbie

Same issue with my 96 Chrysler Sebring Convertible, Aamco said need new transmission but that the gears are still decent, logically seems VERY electrical! I am going to try the ground strap first, then solenoid pack. It had low fluid once and I heard that that can cause failure to the packs, anyone else heard that?
Vorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #43
StevieC
AF Newbie

It is extremely annoying when people don't come back and explain where things are.

The red wire this guy speaks of that is connected to the solenoid pack is on pin 4. It is the 12 volt supply to the solenoids. If the TCM senses an issue and activates limp mode, it will cut the power to the 12 volt supply. You can stop limp mode by wiring the 12 volt supply to the battery and bypassing the relay altogether - however, I don't recommend wiring directly to the battery, if you do remember to use an inline fuse!!

I will be trying this tomorrow to see what happens. This of course can only be a temporary solution, ultimately it is important to find out what is causing limp mode.
StevieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #44
vickieleigh
AF Newbie

Angry Re: EveryOne with Transmission problems... A Chrysler Secret...! Read This...!

I friggin hate my chrysler!! 2007 pt cruiser. Limp in mode. I have searched to the ends of the internet to try to figure this all out. And now I see something saying something about a transmission ground strap. Where the hell is the friggin thing at????? I will find it somehow. The only place this car has driven me is crazy!!!!! I took it to my nearest "dealer" and they can't stick their finger up their ass without guideance. DESKINS MOTORS OF PIKEVILLE KENTUCKY SUCKS!!! They had it for two weeks, they couldn't get it started at first, and asked me if I could come start it for them. What a joke. If I were a man, i'd be damned if I would call a woman and ask her to come start a car for me, especially if I were calling myself a "technician". HA. Then, after throwing parts at it, they said come get it, it's fixed. I picked it up, and as soon as I pulled outta the lot, I could tell it STILL was not shifting. I had just paid them almost 700.00. I turned around and took it right back to them, and left it there. They told me the next day that it needed an alternator, and it was a dealer part, and the alternator alone would cost 280.00. I played the stupid little wife part and said gee let me call my husband and ask him first. I called some places, and found an alternator for 127.00. Went and got the car, we put the alternator in and guess what. Still not shifting. took it to an honest guy, he looked and looked, and said all he could figure out was that it could be the pcm. I sent it to a place in Texas, they charged me 375.00 and Still NO SHIFT!!! They didn't do a damn thing to it. They just charged me. I told my husband I did not like chryslers about a year and a half ago when he came home telling me how he liked those "little pt cruisers" I told him they looked like those old milk trucks. But that I knew that is what I would end up with, and guess what, PIECE OF SHIT. Hell, I think we are their own personal stimulas package. Just sell people "mystery cars" that have all these unnecessary parts, that you have to take to "dealers" who are supposed to have a clue, and probably do, but are probably made to screw people around, and put on parts they don't even need. All to make chrylser more money. Oh, I know this makes me sound nutty, but I went to a psychic a few years ago, and she told me I would be terribly injured in an accident, and to stay away from light blue cars.... guess what color my pt cruiser is??? yep,,, light blue. Maybe I should be mad at my husband, not chrysler. LOL
vickieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #45
2000izusu
AF Regular

calm down. first off you are in the wrong forum! their is one for pt cruisers. second off you need to have it diagnosed properly!

try asking the dealer back for the money on the missed diagnosis! but i warn you they might be less than willing to help since you put a cheap reman alternator on! while the cheap reman was cheaper? it is going to cost you more in the long run because once the dealer put their part on they would have figured out that is not the problem and put your old one back on. thus starting the diagnosis process over again. you might want to try a different dealer or independant! but this time if they are independant make sure they have the software to read chrysler transmission codes! good luck! mike
2001 caravan 3.3 auto
1995&1992&1994 camry 2.2L SOLD
1991 silverado 1500 SOLD
2000 rodeo SOLD
2000izusu is offline   Reply With Quote