Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
460mustang
AF Newbie

2000 caravan 3.3 plz help

My 2000 dodge caravan with the 3.3 is shuddering while in gear and not moving especially in reverse . As soon as you start going it stops . No slipping whatsoever. The van only has 130'000 miles on it . I have been reading and reading and can't find anyone experiencing this same issue . Does anyone have any ideas ? Of course amco has an idea but it's 2250 "rebuild" with it not slipping like all the others I have faith but no experience. plz help if you can
460mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: 2000 caravan 3.3 plz help

My thought would be either engine issues, or transmission issues. Here are some ideas...
Engine:
Does it seem to be down on power at all?
When was your last oil change? If it's been more than 5000 miles, it may be slowing the moving parts down and the oil needs to be changed.
When was your last tune up? If it's been too long the spark might be weak and the fuel isn't being ignited properly. This could be from worn spark plugs, plug wires, or bad coils.
Transmission:
Have you checked the fluid level?
Has the transmission ever been flushed? This is a process that involves more than just draining the fluid and putting new fluid in. It's a job that requires special equipment.
Other ideas:
What about your fuel pump and filters? Are they ok? If not they will restrict the flow of fuel to the engine.
Fuel injectors; Maybe they're gummed up.
Try running it on premium fuel and see what happens.

Anyway, those are some ideas that would be a damn sight cheaper than a full rebuild and are therefore worth a try. I hope that helps.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
460mustang
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 caravan 3.3 plz help

Thank you for your reply between your comments and further reading I am going to try plugs and wires and a fuel system cleaner
460mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager